plumbing below ground level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to install pipes for a washing machine in a cupboard I have unfortunately too many obstacles in the way for any waste pipe to be fitted above level. My best option I believe is to run a waste pipe under ground and into the dish washer outlet as my kitchen floor is currently not laid I was going to run it underneath that and to the dish washer waste outlet in conjunction with a macerator.

Would I be able to use a waste pipe or would I need an underground pipe for this?

Best regards

Fatfei

Sponsored Links
You obviously know what you are describing but I am sorry but I don't.

Perhaps someone else does?

Tony

Its the only way I can move the waste from the washing machine pipe as the pipe can only sit flat or virtually flat. I really didn't want one to be honest.

Do you not rate them? I've never used one personally

Sponsored Links
the washing machine has its own pump and can cheerfully pump the water up to worktop level. You need a loop at the top of the hose to prevent dirty water syphoning down into the machine.

Post draw and attach a diagram of your plan so we see what you mean.

Hi thanks for that. I'm pretty sure the washing machine pump wouldn't be able to cope because it would be running down a waste pipe flat on the ground and about 3 meters length of pipe. The waste pipe has to be at ground level to avoid the door leading into the dining room which is slightly lower floor level that the kitchen allowing the pipe to run by the step from the kitchen..

I'm really sorry if I'm not explaining myself well enough. I hope the picture make sense.

Best regards

FatFei

Hi,

Sorry about that picture. Yes the bathroom is above the kitchen, the drains are all at the front where the dish washer and sink is. The bathroom drains are also at the front and run down to the front left of the kitchen.

Any chance someone could just answer the question. Can a waste pipe be used under d at a depth of 5 inches or do I need an underground pipe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back