Plusnet email server down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per title - it went down this morning and not expected to be back until sometime tomorrow, is anyone might be wondering..

Sponsored Links
Me too.
There is a notice on their website saying they hope to have it back up tomorrow morning.

We have Plusnet as our ISP but not for our emails. We are receiving them ok and the rest of the web seems ok as well, (hence why I am able to reply to this post).

Sponsored Links
08:20AM, I managed to get into my email, but although I can login, I can’t see any of the messages, just empty boxes.

I never use my internet providers email server as it locks you in to them. I still receive emails from a BT account I last used in 2014. I set up my account to divert all emails to my gmail account before leaving them. I can't send from that address though.

I never use my internet providers email server as it locks you in to them. I still receive emails from a BT account I last used in 2014. I set up my account to divert all emails to my gmail account before leaving them. I can't send from that address though.
I know what you mean but, I’ve been with them for about 20 years, have always been happy with them and expect to stay with them.
However, like most people, I also have other email accounts that I use for different purposes.

I'm still getting "credentials needed" messages, although it looks like all messages are being sent and received.

Latest update
17 November 2021 9:36 AM

Plusnet email services have now been restored and customers should be able to send and receive emails as normal.

We’re sorry this has taken longer than expected to fix and for the inconvenience caused.

Yep - all back to normal at my end too, but some are still having issues and some are complaining that emails were lost during the outage. I think I had some inbound lost for Wednesday.

Sponsored Links
Back