PME problem. Please Advise.

I don't use a meggar personally and each tester is different, but

I take it you used auto to test the RCD. If you did use manual, you did set it to 1 times and 5 times and both sides of the cycle and not half.

Did your meggar show the results for a half test?

Have you tested your tester on another system, like your own, and the RCD tripped?

Sponsored Links
Lummy. :eek:

Is this a job for you or someone else?

If not you, are they paying for this?

Is the installation you have left in this dreadful state energised?

From what has been described already, the setup sounds like a dangerous mess caused by someone attempting to create their own PME/TNCS type system by linking the N and E upstream of the original consumer unit (or perhaps inside it somehow).

Removing the original consumer unit has removed this link, so an apparently sound earth connection (which obviously was useless) is now no earth at all.

From what has been described already, the setup sounds like a dangerous mess caused by someone attempting to create their own PME/TNCS type system by linking the N and E upstream of the original consumer unit (or perhaps inside it somehow).

Removing the original consumer unit has removed this link, so an apparently sound earth connection (which obviously was useless) is now no earth at all.

originally there was a 10mm bond direct from the neutral bar of the cut out to the consumer unit. This was not touched and the board was changed, then the problems started.

Sponsored Links
What were the insulation resistance test results from the tests you did before you did the CU swap??

Was the original installation RCD protected?? if so, how did that RCD perform when tested??

What are all of the test results for every circuit? You know, all the dead tests you did before you energised the system, insulation resistance, r1r2, RFC continuity and verification, polarity??

Why have you installed a temp socket??

You have been offered advise but you do seem to be ignoring it - read through the responses again.

I repeat, you should speak to your technical advisor at the competent persons scheme to which you belong - thats what they are there fore - thats what you pay the £400 plus per year for - use it.

You have been offered advise but you do seem to be ignoring it - read through the responses again.

I repeat, you should speak to your technical advisor at the competent persons scheme to which you belong - thats what they are there fore - thats what you pay the £400 plus per year for - use it.

Hi Riveralt, I do appreciate your responses and will be doing exactly that tomorrow. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back