Poetry, Music, Books and all things good....

Eddie, for your information, Susie has been in communication with Admin regarding a new forum sub section. The new section is under consideration.

Why any of this bothers you is beyond me, you seem very interested in a forum section that you seem very uninterested in!

Sponsored Links
back on topic,

Just read the pirates adventure with scientists. By Gideon Defoe.
While i don't expect it to win book of the year, it is really quite a funny and innovative story. worth a look. They have just made an animated film of it too.

I have just read a few more book reviews on that one barnsbury and yes it sounds a really good lighthearted read...in fact I may just download it and give it ago....the film reviews are excellent too.
(I am still recommending The Art Of Racing In The Rain to everyone...oh I loved that book )

I have just read a few more book reviews on that one barnsbury and yes it sounds a really good lighthearted read...in fact I may just download it and give it ago....the film reviews are excellent too.
(I am still recommending The Art Of Racing In The Rain to everyone...oh I loved that book )

glad you liked "racing" Susie, it was recommended by Clare Balding on the BBC show "my life in books".

Sponsored Links
I have just purchased a copy of The Pirates off ebay and also the recommendation by Conny ...Her Benny I so have some reading ahead...
Squeaky I did start Song In The Daylight but have somehow been distracted, however I shall get stuck into it again and soon find time to finish it and let you know what I think of it.

I have just finished reading 44 Scotland Street by McCall Smith. Highly enjoyable and demonstrates the advantage of using a kindle. Took me less than a minute to purchase and receive the second book of the series, which I shall now endeavour to read also :)

Just finished The Thread by Victoria Hislop and thought it was excellent. Really got to know the characters well. Without giving too much away, it's about a little girl who gets separated from her mother in Greece in the early 1900s and follows her life through several wars and German invasion.

thank you for the input subman and squeaky, very much appreciated :)

I found time over the weekend to read Pirates (In An Adventure with Scientists) its more like a short story, it took about an hour and half to two hours to finish, and a very merry little read it was...its sort of like an improved Never ending Story absolutely crazy really, but good fun and some laugh out loud lines, great descriptive writing. It even has a mermaid in it Space Cat if you should read this :)

Sounds interesting. I wonder if there's a way of physically sharing books between a few of us, then having a "book club" discussion of it before the final recipient takes it to a charity shop?

Sounds interesting. I wonder if there's a way of physically sharing books between a few of us, then having a "book club" discussion of it before the final recipient takes it to a charity shop?

Kindle books can be e-mailed as attachments to share.

Well I almost always buy my books off ebay so they are quite cheap, then drop them in the charity shop, it makes a bit of a donation.
I fear most people would quake at the thought of exchanging addresses, no one even dares to post a pic on their profile for fear of being identified :cool: :cool:

edit:must learn to type sometime :)

Kindle books can be e-mailed as attachments to share.

I didn't realise that enyam, how do you do that.

Obviously go into your e-mail and click on attachments,then find your kindle which should be connected to the computer,look in the document folder of the kindle and select what book you wish to send.

Give me your e-mail address and I'll send one through.

Sponsored Links
Back