Poetry, Music, Books and all things good....

Oh, dear. I wondered how long it would be before some mod took the hump with your offering. :( :( :( But why did everything else get the chop - including Susiejb's farewell message! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sponsored Links
...name that poem..

Is that an offer to start a new game? :idea: :idea: :idea:

Sorry, I can't name the actual poem but I'm pretty sure it's about the Charge of the Light Brigade.

My turn:

"He who bends to himself a joy --"

PS: Any answer will do because I don't know it myself. :LOL: :LOL: :oops:

Sponsored Links
Oh, dear. I wondered how long it would be before some mod took the hump with your offering. :( :( :( But why did everything else get the chop - including Susiejb's farewell message! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Has SJB left the forum then?

I've obviously missed what happened here but I think the idea of this thread/sub-forum was to discuss all things good without the usual arguments and bitching. SJB's input will be missed if she has gone. I've had some personal worries recently and have found that this section has got me through some bad times.

If you are reading this SJB please come back to us.

...name that poem..

Is that an offer to start a new game? :idea: :idea: :idea:

Sorry, I can't name the actual poem but I'm pretty sure it's about the Charge of the Light Brigade.

My turn:

"He who bends to himself a joy --"

PS: Any answer will do because I don't know it myself. :LOL: :LOL: :oops:

its Eternity by William Blake....bind..not bend!!

He who binds to himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy;
But he who kisses the joy as it flies
Lives in eternity's sun rise.

conny said:
Ours is but to do and die.

Think it was by Alfred Lord Tennyson.

Thanks conny. It's one we had to learn at school but I only remember bits of it:

"Cannon to right of them, cannon to left of them, into the valley of death, rode the six hundred."

If I'd got the question in a pub quiz I would have put "The six hundred" for the title and got it wrong. :( :( :(

Diane2 said:
its Eternity by William Blake....bind..not bend!!

He who binds to himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy;
But he who kisses the joy as it flies
Lives in eternity's sun rise.

And that'll be another one from my distant past. What's more, I think I understand it :) :) :) - but poetry never was my strong point so I'd better stick to the day job. We've got an accelerator in pieces this weekend --

I've obviously missed what happened here but I think the idea of this thread/sub-forum was to discuss all things good without the usual arguments and ****. SJB's input will be missed if she has gone. I've had some personal worries recently and have found that this section has got me through some bad times.

If you are reading this SJB please come back to us.

Hi squeaky
I did try to do this by PM but you don't have it enabled.
Thank you for your lovely support...
but as you can see the 'spoilers' win again...you can only wonder if they gain some satisfaction from it ...god knows what!
I am still here for PM's and am happy for you to contact me.
Sue.

Susiejb said:
I did try to do this by PM but you don't have it enabled.

Squeaky, check your list of friends to see if Susie is still on there. If she's not, she won't be able to send you PMs. Not unless you alter your profile to accept PMs from any member - but you probably don't want to do that. :!: :!: :!:

Susie,

I'm glad you're showing the cerebrally challenged members that their spiteful comments aren't welcome and won't bully you out of what can be an enjoyable forum.

May I suggest you recontact Admin to ensure the new section is still wanted.

the new section was voted on and got a two to one against vote.

Thank goodness that Admin have much more foresight than to be swayed by a vote in GD, do you honestly think that is the basis on which they make their decisions :rolleyes:
They had most definitely decided to give the hobbies section a try...which I have wholehearted supported.
I really do hope that they still give it a chance but we shall just have to wait and see.

Sponsored Links
Back