Is gay the future?

While I appreciate that some people are genuinely homosexual...it does seem somehow to now be the latest fashion... I never watch the soaps but I am not surprised by your observations Conny. Maybe it has become just too acceptable.
Surely the laws of nature are that a man and a woman should be partners....if ithe alternative is what people want then its their choice, but do I want to see it on TV... absolutely not.

Sponsored Links
There is something in the water or something you just got to look about compared to 30 years ago and genetics are certainly getting altered.

Surely the laws of nature are that a man and a woman should be partners....if ithe alternative is what people want then its their choice, but do I want to see it on TV... absolutely not.

Absolutely yes, I believe that you should have the right to do whatever you like with your life so long as it doesnt cause distress or damage to others, I would even defend a persons right to do so, however I dont want see the promotion of any form of sexuality as entertainment

wow I can't believe this thread!

Maybe you see it more because it less of an issue and them that were once persecuted can now walk/live freely as they please.

soaps reflect society or they try to so it's no surprise we see people represented from all walks of life. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If soaps reflect society - does everyone in the east end scream at each other?

Oh and if Susiejb had a gay son she wouldn't be on the forum slagging him off. :rolleyes:

While I appreciate that some people are genuinely homosexual...it does seem somehow to now be the latest fashion...
I find it very hard to believe that anyone seriously changes their sexual orientation to fit in with the latest fashion.

I don't think I could, what about you?

It is like a walk through the dark ages reading this thread.

Homosexuality has not changed for centuries but attitudes towards it has, similar to witchcraft.

I guess there will always be folk who have not got an educated enough mind to overcome the fear of certain tendencies.

You can't change genetics. You is wot you is, kid. :mrgreen:

While I appreciate that some people are genuinely homosexual...it does seem somehow to now be the latest fashion...
I find it very hard to believe that anyone seriously changes their sexual orientation to fit in with the latest fashion.

I don't think I could, what about you?

Then you obviously have little contact with the young genereation or dont want to see it. I have two grandchildren both of whom would have been immediately arrested when I was a kid.

Talking to them about it gets replies like, "ïts cool to be gay grandad, dont you watch telly", to the best of my knowledge they aren't inclined that way (not that I would mind if they were) but then what do I know, Im only an old git past his best :LOL:

Never had this before and I do have kids from all ages, mind you my kids don't rely on the TV for stimulation. Maybe if parents spent more time being parents and rely less on the TV and X-Box as surrogate mothers kids would be more clued up on life..?

It is like a walk through the dark ages reading this thread.

Homosexuality has not changed for centuries but attitudes towards it has, similar to witchcraft.

I guess there will always be folk who have not got an educated enough mind to overcome the fear of certain tendencies.

Not disagreeing with your middle statement, we have friends of both sexes who are gay, however, I watch television for entertainment or education. I do not want to see any of these people, not just gays, rammed in my face with every programme I tune in to. As stated in another post, 30 years ago you did not get this sexual revolution force fed to you. Indeed, if you saw a hint of high thigh or bare curve of a ladies breast it was considered a very risqué programme and talked about in work the next day. Now its just a simple turn-off. Like being a taster in a sweet factory, you get sick of it day in and day out. No-one denies these people, gays, crooks, murderers etc. exist, you just don't get them all living in the same street committing these acts every day.

Maybe you should spend more time in the real world and less in middle class suburbia?

So you are quite happy to see violnce, shootings, knifings on TV all da and night (and that's just the news :confused:) but you are unhappy that a gay couple live on Coronation Street? :confused: :confused: :confused:

While I appreciate that some people are genuinely homosexual...it does seem somehow to now be the latest fashion... I never watch the soaps but I am not surprised by your observations Conny. Maybe it has become just too acceptable.

At some stage in the next 20 years the gay gene will be isolated. If you had a test during pregnancy and it turns out your child will be gay - would you have an abortion? Then they won't have to offend you when they grow up.

First, I'm working class not middle. I own my own house but it is situated in an area of mixed private/council housing stock.

No I do not want to see violence, shootings, knifings etc on TV every day and I couldn't give a toss about a gay couple 'supposedly' living on a soap opera street. What I object to is 'storylines' centering around these type of people, (gays, murderers, drug dealers etc.) in every single episode!
Drama, adventure, escapism, romance, you can have all these with out the detritus dregs of human beings at centre stage throughout the performance.

Sponsored Links
Back