Racial discrimination? Oh, no, no no.......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A (white) friend of mine works in an office of 5 women. Three of them are Nigerian and refuse to speak English when talking among themselves. One of them is the manager. When she wants my friend or the other (white) female worker to do something, she snaps her finger at them. When they complain to her about the finger snapping and the talking in their own language, she 'sucks her teeth' at them. This is a large organisation. They both went above her and raised a complaint and you'd never guess what they were told. They were told 'it's part of their culture and you have to accept it'. One of them has handed her notice in, the other one is looking for a transfer to another department.

Can you imagine if it was the other way around? The ellals of this world would be up in arms.

Sponsored Links
Yes, the English always speak to other English people in the local language when abroad.

If finger snapping is 'just what she does' rather than 'part of their culture' per se, then do the same back to her.

Racial discrimination is a two way street ........ I got looked at the other day by a chap who appeared to despise the colour of my skin. Odd I'd never met him before.

A friend got spat at and sworn at a few years ago by someone with v dark skin, when he told his brother in law who was black he said " A black man wouldn't do that. "
Did he think his brother in law was lying ?

Yes, the English always speak to other English people in the local language when abroad.

If finger snapping is 'just what she does' rather than 'part of their culture' per se, then do the same back to her.

Tut tut you should know better. Our culture dictates the Anglo Saxon salute ....two fingers.

Sponsored Links
But not if they had gone to another country where they COULD speak the language to work. That would just be bloody rude.

No, she was told that the finger snapping is 'cultural' towards subordinates which she must accept.

But not if they had gone to another country where they COULD speak the language to work. That would just be bloody rude.
Are you sure?

I expect Farage feels the same when his wife speaks to her friends from 'home'.
Perhaps that is what has formed his views about the EU. All speaking foreign. Bloody cheek.

No, she was told that the finger snapping is 'cultural' towards subordinates which she must accept.
Ok. Do that, then.

Have you never had a (white) boss who you thought was disrespectful?

It's really their colour you don't like isn't it?

He's only saying that because he speaks very little Portuguese..

A (white) friend of mine works in an office of 5 women. Three of them are Nigerian and refuse to speak English when talking among themselves. One of them is the manager. When she wants my friend or the other (white) female worker to do something, she snaps her finger at them. When they complain to her about the finger snapping and the talking in their own language, she 'sucks her teeth' at them. This is a large organisation. They both went above her and raised a complaint and you'd never guess what they were told. They were told 'it's part of their culture and you have to accept it'. One of them has handed her notice in, the other one is looking for a transfer to another department.

Can you imagine if it was the other way around? The ellals of this world would be up in arms.

There MUST be more than just me who understands how big organisations handle grievances.

This is Jackanory, it never happened.

Whilst i dont know about all the facts here, i have to say ive worked in a v large international corporation. And believe me the lowest of the low there is white men in their 40's 50s. With alot of pressure on promoting lgbtQemyjiuop+-%$£ groups black muslim etc. Head counts were so obviously being adjusted to off load certain 'majorities' to include more diversity. Works out well as alot of Indian grads here and overseas were employed instead cheap cheap labour win win. Utter BS company.

Sponsored Links
Back