Is gay the future?

Sponsored Links
I have two grandchildren both of whom would have been immediately arrested when I was a kid.
Let me check what you are saying.

You are saying that you have two grandchildren who perform sexual acts with other people of the same sex? And you believe that they would not have this sexual orientation if homosexuality was still treated as a dirty secret?

First, I'm working class not middle. I own my own house but it is situated in an area of mixed private/council housing stock.

No I do not want to see violence, shootings, knifings etc on TV every day and I couldn't give a toss about a gay couple 'supposedly' living on a soap opera street. What I object to is 'storylines' centering around these type of people, (gays, murderers, drug dealers etc.) in every single episode!
Drama, adventure, escapism, romance, you can have all these with out the detritus dregs of human beings at centre stage throughout the performance.

It's a soap, designed to reflect the times, watch the news read the papers, break out of your bubble.

Sponsored Links
I have two grandchildren both of whom would have been immediately arrested when I was a kid.
Let me check what you are saying.

You are saying that you have two grandchildren who perform sexual acts with other people of the same sex? And you believe that they would not have this sexual orientation if homosexuality was still treated as a dirty secret?

From my reading/understanding of Ians post I get the idea he means they openly discuss this subject, not perform it. He does state,
'to the best of my knowledge they aren't inclined that way (not that I would mind if they were)',
which indicates to me they are heterosexual as far as he is aware but if they weren't then so be it.

First, I'm working class not middle. I own my own house but it is situated in an area of mixed private/council housing stock.

No I do not want to see violence, shootings, knifings etc on TV every day and I couldn't give a toss about a gay couple 'supposedly' living on a soap opera street. What I object to is 'storylines' centering around these type of people, (gays, murderers, drug dealers etc.) in every single episode!
Drama, adventure, escapism, romance, you can have all these with out the detritus dregs of human beings at centre stage throughout the performance.

It's a soap, designed to reflect the times, watch the news read the papers, break out of your bubble.

View from another angle.
Maybe society reflects what happens in soaps. I don't live in a bubble, maybe you are 'fooled' by the media just like a lot of others.

From my reading/understanding of Ians post I get the idea he means they openly discuss this subject, not perform it.

No, surely you are mistaken, because he said they both "would have been immediately arrested "

So unless he lived in some country where you could be arrested for speaking about homosexuality, he must mean that they perform acts which used to be crimes.

I choose not to watch soaps.

Similarly i choose not to go to gay bars.

I also don't eat cooked carrots.

It is very easy to avoid things you don't like.

For those of you who find it difficult to change channel or even move your head or leags so that you can avoid things you don't like, visit the doctor or a gym or something to help with your motor functions.

For the rest of you who are completely paralysed, or indeed without the brains to help yourself and are stuck in front of a tele that is constantly showing soaps and the like........ Lord help you.

If soaps reflect society - does everyone in the east end scream at each other?

Oh and if Susiejb had a gay son she wouldn't be on the forum slagging him off. :rolleyes:

what do you mean by that comment.

You seem to be clearly intolerant of gay people though there must be a number of gay people or people with gay children on the forum.
It's like someone being born black. What do you suggest they do about it?

I am not 'slagging off gays' don't be so stupid, but do I want to turn on my TV and see two guys/girls kissing no I don't.

Had either of my sons been gay then would have received exactly the same loving support from me as they do now, homosexual or not...as I clearly said it would be his right to make that choice.

As stated homosexuality has been around a while-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_the_militaries_of_ancient_Greece
As long as they (or for that matter unwanted hetrosexuals) leave me alone then I couldn't really give a rats dangleys. Do the soaps reflect society? Well clearly no, very few streets , or villages are filled with gays , murderers , con men or whatever but as joe has pointed out it's about ratings. Make a soap about the average street and it would probably be even duller than the soaps we have now.

P.S. even if they were more to real life I still wouldn't watch them any more than I watch the rubbish now.

I am not 'slagging off gays' don't be so stupid, but do I want to turn on my TV and see two guys/girls kissing no I don't.

Had either of my sons been gay then would have received exactly the same loving support from me as they do now, homosexual or not...as I clearly said it would be his right to make that choice.

Just as a black kid has the choice of being black?

It's wrong and sick.
I relise that gender can get mixed up, but as in the past keep it behind closed doors and secret not flunt it in puplic like it's normal.
Switch the TV on and it's gays everywhere. Okay some I find quite funny but at the same time makes me think where are they all coming from? Edinburgh is moving with them. Often walking home after a meal and drink with my wife, we end up either walking around two males or females kissing and groping each other or some total crap but loud violent fight between a couple of growing so called men? atleast gay women try and keep it low key and respectable.
Sorry I'm old school.

Sponsored Links
Back