Pointing questions for a dummy

It looks to me, as if the neighbour's extension build has caused the damage and therefore the neighbour should be sorting it out. That wall looks as if it continued through to the neighbouring property and the neighbours extension chopped that wall off, leaving it unfinished at the op's side when the new wall was built.

Sponsored Links
it looks to me as if the thing on the left is original and the thing on the right was bodged on.

but OP says not

the left of the picture is my neighbours poorly built extension, this is my side of the house

it looks to me as if the thing on the left is original and the thing on the right was bodged on.

but OP says not

You can see where there were originally bricks going further to the left (the pointing), but were removed during the extension build.

Sponsored Links
If the extension is the wall on the left then the extensions looks like a much better wall than the original Wimpy wall :)

Perhaps screwfix links to the products requirted may help, then the OP can go get them from his nearest? (question is, has the OP got a Screwfix nearby?)
OR similar national retailer with stores.

If the extension is the wall on the left then the extensions looks like a much better wall than the original Wimpy wall :)

Perhaps screwfix links to the products requirted may help, then the OP can go get them from his nearest? (question is, has the OP got a Screwfix nearby?)
OR similar national retailer with stores.

Yeah it is.

I do have a screwfix near by. I've been recommended filling in with expanding foam leaving a 10-15mm gap and pointing it up?

Thanks

Also if it's the neighbors extension they should be sorting it out if they deem it's required

If the brickwork on the left is an extension coming off the neighbors house then that corner must be on the neighbors side of the boundary line. Unless they've built that wall of the extension right up to the centre line of the two houses. Are you allowed to build right on the boundary line? Surely the footings and any gutters will be on the neighbors side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back