Pointless bickering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone created a topic about joe-90 and about bickering. How can you possibly be surprised that it developed into this? :rolleyes:

I didn't mention any names in the original post.

I merely questioned the locking of a post where the informed majority consensus was making it clear that one of the respondants may have been creating answers based on indequate, inaccurate, irrelevant or out of date sources of information.

Sponsored Links
bernardgreen said:
Come off it bernardg, the title of this topic comprises the exact two words that Moderator 8 used when locking the topic that you're clearly referring to.

bernardgreen said:
Come off it bernardg, the title of your contains the exact two words that Moderator 8 used when locking the topic that you're clearly referring to.

if he`d just titled it " pointless" everyone would have known who he meant

It just seemed appropriate to have a thread where pointless bickering could be collected and kept out of other threads. On the lines of if you can't stop the leak then make sure there is somewhere for the liguid to go where it won't do any harm.

Sponsored Links
saxondale said:
if he`d just titled it " pointless" everyone would have known who he meant
On those grounds he could have entitled it "saxondale".

For posting correct information in the first place. Nice one.

moron joe, you keep going on about locked panels ect, if you are talking about chip reading i have been there and done it years ago and am not about to expose it to your pea brain or the public.

the best thing you could do with a locked panel is get a plasterer mate to drop it on your head and knock some sense in. [stick a 17 amp bat in for good measure] :LOL:

goon

moron joe, you keep going on about locked panels ect, if you are talking about chip reading i have been there and done it years ago and am not about to expose it to your pea brain or the public.

the best thing you could do with a locked panel is get a plasterer mate to drop it on your head and knock some sense in. [stick a 17 amp bat in for good measure] :LOL:

goon

nah he means the good old duff battery crashes - seems to have a phobia about powering them up mains first to reboot the chips, he read it somewhere and its stuck in his pea sized brain

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And to think the title of this thread is 'pointless bickering'...

Ooooooo the irony! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Every manufacturer says that a panel (after initial power-up) should be performed BATTERY FIRST. Just what are you arguing about? If the manufacturers are wrong - then tell them they've got it wrong (for at least the past 20 years that I've been in the industry).
I ask for the umpteenth time (and I expect a technical answer) "What is the benefit in powering a panel up mains first rather than the much safer battery first?" - and why have the manufacturers not realised that they've had it wrong for decades?

Just give me a good technical answer please.

goon

Dear Security shopkeeper. Why are you unable to answer the question I have set for you? Why should you power up a panel mains first when every manufacturer says battery first? Do you put antifreeze in your car radiator like the manufacturer tells you? Do you put brake fluid into the reservoir? Do you fill the radiator with water? It's pretty basic stuff mate. You do it the way the manufacturer tells you to. Posting abuse won't make you right, it'll expose you as someone that cannot answer a simple question when asked.

Every manufacturer says that a panel (after initial power-up) should be performed BATTERY FIRST. Just what are you arguing about? If the manufacturers are wrong - then tell them they've got it wrong (for at least the past 20 years that I've been in the industry).
I ask for the umpteenth time (and I expect a technical answer) "What is the benefit in powering a panel up mains first rather than the much safer battery first?" - and why have the manufacturers not realised that they've had it wrong for decades?

Just give me a good technical answer please.

joe listen cause I`m only going to say this once in open forum so you can understand - the piece of text your quoting from refers to a planned / deliberate powering down of an alarm system (battery off, mains off decommision) NOT A MAINS FAIL, DEAD BATTERY, MAINS BACK ON SYSTEM CRASH as the o/p invariably is asking about. We power it mains first exactly because it tricks the system into seeing itself been powered up as new and re-loads the boot software, so what exactly do you not understand about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back