poker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone out there in the world of diynot play poker?

i love to play it, my fave is no limit texas hold em, i play regulary live and online.

please dont start with the stupid replies, ie. i poke my wife etc :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Never understood it Jef. Do you have any decent links to rules? I'm thinking "poker for dummies" here. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Jef I'll give this a coat of looking at and bother you when I get stuck. ;)
Just remember the day when you introduced me to poker when you hear about me being arrested to feed my habit.

i like to play texas occasionally with a group of friends. we run a school about once every other month.

very addictive game.

i would imagine playing in the comfort of your own home, in front of the p.c. is a little dangerous though.

i like to play texas occasionally with a group of friends. we run a school about once every other month.

very addictive game.

i would imagine playing in the comfort of your own home, in front of the p.c. is a little dangerous though.

yeah too true it can, hence all the recent problems in america, the college students were putting all their grants onto a site and hoping to double up then losing the lot within a few days of playing. you have to be very strict with your money and make sure you can only play within your means, but i guess its like anything, anyone can spend loads online at other things i.e. shopping it is easy to click and use credit cards and before you know it your in debt.

please gamble responsibly

Used to play quite a bit with friends.

Then done the online partypoker thing. Never lost money so quickly and easily. Not alot prob about £150. Luckily i got bored of losing rather than the desire to win it back

:D

Used to play quite a bit with friends.

Then done the online partypoker thing. Never lost money so quickly and easily. Not alot prob about £150. Luckily i got bored of losing rather than the desire to win it back

:D

this is the problem some people have, unfortunatly lose a little then think it was only...... i can win it back. and once you start thinking about the money you then have an extra burden and it goes even worse downhill.

I play on line (not for money though) still learning, want to introduce it to my mates instead of playing Dom on our regular card nights.

Cracking game ;)

i've played in the past but it can get a grip of you,and if your not losing money on it your spending far too much time on it.if people can earn a bit of pocket money out of it fair play, but an incredibly dull way to earn a living.I'm not opposed to gambling but those who do have a problem are not helped nearly enough just bled dry by the bookies who make a massive percentage of their profits from a minority of their customers.it's a good game to play with mates for comfatable stakes and bragging rites

Agree with much of what has already been written. I have the odd cheeky hand or two online, but only for small stakes. It is scary though seeing the way some people play and the way they throw money around. There is no way all those folks can afford it.

Some things to remember, may seem like common sense, but can potentialy get lost in the heat of the moment, especially online where things can feel a little less real...

> Only ever play with money you can afford to lose
> Gambling online usually you use a credit or debit card. Beware the credit card charges and keep in mind that it wasn't your money in the first place; keep a check on your deposits
> Don't believe the hype. Only a tiny percentage of people can make poker pay over the long term. View it as a buying entertainment. If i spend a few quid and enter a tournament and last an hour or two, well, thats like the cost of a cinema ticket.
> Never chase your losses
> Like most things, keep it fun by keeping it in moderation

Sponsored Links
Back