I'm not racist

My username & password have never stopped working. Even when I posted a few rude words the other day...

Sponsored Links
libby lou lou said:
ANOTHER post ruined
Hardly - the question over racism and immigrants was resolved a few pages back. Or did you come so late to the topic that you didn't notice?

Sponsored Links
i understand the curiosity.

shame though that the topic has to suffer once again....because of yet another wind up :(

tim west said:
Softus said:
After all, if you ignore me I'll go away. ;)
one can hope but i can't see it somehow :LOL:
No - I said ignore, not hope. ;)

As an example of ignoring, have a look at what I do with BOB.DOLE...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6352793.stm

Unemployed people who cannot speak English will have to show they are learning the language or face losing their benefits, under government plans.

About 40,000 jobless people say their poor English is a barrier to them finding employment - and £4.5m is spent on translators in job centres.

Ministers say this money would be better spent on teaching them English.

Welfare minister Jim Murphy will announce the measures, to come into effect in April, in a speech in London.

Ethnic minorities workers earn on average one-third less than other people.

The government says that is unacceptable, and believes that bridging the language gap is a step towards redressing the balance.

It will not correct the problem the OP highlighted but its a start

I am curious though....aside from obvious rudeness or apathy.....are the immigrants in your country there illegally...I'm talkin majority? There are bound to be choices and programs and such for legal immigrants...sort of a welcome basket so to speak...to get them acquainted to life there (or am I thinkin southern hospitality).....but if they're there illegally, I would think that they would keep a low profile and not go to college to learn out to speak English.... where they would possibly be found out and be deported. Still, even if it is the latter....no need to be rude....and on the other side of the coin, golden rule still applies... ;)

I'm not a racist and I love to visit other cultures.
However, I don't believe that the UK needs any more people no matter who they are or where they come from. We are a tiny island with over 60 million people. That's a population density 12 times the USA level.

All immigrants do is fill the country up with people that we've no room to accomodate. More houses, shops, dentists, doctors, cars etc ad infinitum.

If we can't do what we've got to do with 60 million people - then we can do without. The best performing economies are the lean and mean ones like Iceland, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, etc - yet add the whole lot up together and you won't get 60 million people.

Why don't we wise up and see the problems the raft of immigrants in the 60's have caused us?

joe-90 said:
Why don't we wise up and see the problems the raft of immigrants in the 60's have caused us?

I like to think we have wised up. The problem now though is that the damage is already done. Labour is inept and hasnt a clue how to handle the crisis, but they keep peddling tenuous 'positive' immigration messages so as not too highlight the problem they have failed to contain.

I don't think it is racist at all to be of the opinion that our country is bursting at the seams, has enough problems with its own people, congestion, housing, NHS, crime etc without letting hundreds of thousands of 'unknowns' into the country to further burden the infrastructure.
And no-one can deny with recent crimes highlighted in the media that a percentage seem to be carried out by those not long in this country so we could do without that extra burden on the police as it seems some of these folks seem 'untraceable'

securespark said:
What about those immigrants who are paying into the system? Who are working hard & are making payments to the IR and National Insurance?

And what about those many Brits who abuse our welfare system?

Simple. Stop immigration and stop hand-outs to those that would rather live on benefit, then we'll have more Brits in work. One Pole paying income tax isn't going to offset one Brit on Benefit.

Oh and where does the myth that immigrants make us richer come from? We have 10 times the population of Denmark or Switzerland - so does that mean we are ten times richer? No, it simply means that we have ten times the population needing ten times the infrastructure to support them. It'll all end in tears.

joe-90 said:
One Pole paying income tax isn't going to offset one Brit on Benefit.
I really don't see why not.

We have 10 times the population of Denmark or Switzerland - so does that mean we are ten times richer?
No. Nor does it mean that we need ten times the infrastructure.

Softus said:
joe-90 said:
One Pole paying income tax isn't going to offset one Brit on Benefit.
I really don't see why not.

I do. The income tax a pole pays (in a typically low-earning job) is less than the dole money someone gets, for the same time. Besides, I'd like to think that my income tax doesn't JUST go straight into the dole funds. :evil:

Because. Softus, the Pole is part of the infrastructure and most of the tax he pays goes to support him in health and age.

Oh and would doubling our population make us twice as rich? Or simply twice as crowded.

Sponsored Links
Back