in the beginning....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...there was adam and eve. or was it john and amanda? we all know stories get passed around and the odd detail changes. so how do we know the first people were adam and eve? and they probably didnt speak english or any other language and i doubt they had pens to write notes or anything

Sponsored Links
i thought in the beginning there was bacteria . . . . . single cell organisms . . . . :idea:

Depends on your definition of when "the beginning" was.

The Universe? Well, presumably the Big Bang.

The Solar System? Presumably when the Sun first reached the correct density and temperature to start fusion.

Life? Well, you could say bacteria (although I think "monera" would be more accurate)... the elements to construct life (amino acids) were probably around before then.

Civilisation? 1807.

The number of times someone has said to me "Your name is Adam? Where's Eve then?!" :LOL:

surely there was nothing in the beginning?

or was it the chicken....

or was it the egg....

how bigs the universe....

whats at the end of it.....

why do we grow.....

whats the meaning of life....

help someone stop me now!!!! :D

Sponsored Links
How come they let you live in the Vatican city with views like that :LOL:

You'd never 'adam and eve it' ... would you? :mad:

i thought there was chronos and chaos before A&E?

kendor said:
i thought there was chronos and chaos before A&E?

My local A&E is still in chaos and Chronos has been waiting an awful long time to be seen!

My theory:
In ealier times, language wouldn't have been available, so word of mouth would have amounted to nothing more than various grunts. This limited vocabulary would therefore be unable to pass on historical information. In due course language would have developed to include words to mean. "Kill" and "run away". As language development progressed diferent members of the tribe could have been identified with unique "names".

It was probably a bit later than this that the concept of tense arrived into the language. (the ability to tell someone to run would have probably developed before the means of telling them when). Finally we would have had a language capable of delivering historic information. By this time Adam and Eve would have been long since gone. It therefore follows that any record of their existence would have also been lost.

Even if we were to assume that Adam and Eve arrived with a full vocabulary, why on earth would they need names? The words "YOU" and "I" would have covered every possible subject of the conversation.

Sorry, scrap that, I just remembered that they had long and meaningful conversations with the serpent.

What I'd like to know is, if they lived in the garden of Eden, who lived in the house?

All the answers are available in the greatest work of fiction ever written

The Bible!!!

Actually in the beginning God made Man in his own image..

It would appear that God was a Negro, Caucasian Chinaman from Pakistan and was a 6ft 8" dwarf of dubious sexual orientation...to make matters worse, he had an anger management problem and often killed millions of innocents due to PMT!! :LOL:

Zampa said:
All the answers are available in the greatest work of fiction ever written

I agree, falls in the same catogory as Greek, Roman and Scandinavion Saga's/Legends/Myths :D :D

Sponsored Links
Back