I'm not racist

joe-90 said:
Oh and would doubling our population make us twice as rich? Or simply twice as crowded.
Depends on their ages. ;) Double the pensionable population, and we're in big trouble. Double the working, taxable population, and we're laughing.

Sponsored Links
Double the pensionable population, and we're in big trouble. Double the working, taxable population, and we're laughing.
Not true.
Forget immigration for a second, we would have exactly the same issue if every woman of childbearing age were to have a child in the next 12 months ... Double the population and we're bugg***d irrespective of the demographics as our infrastructure couldn't support it.
The lead time to modernise infrastructure always far exceeds the time to increase the population ... Simple maths ;)

joe-90 said:
Because. Softus, the Pole is part of the infrastructure and most of the tax he pays goes to support him in health and age.
I remain skeptical - please convince me with hard numbers.

Oh and would doubling our population make us twice as rich?
Clearly it would not.

Or simply twice as crowded.
Clearly it would.

Softus said:
joe-90 said:
Because. Softus, the Pole is part of the infrastructure and most of the tax he pays goes to support him in health and age.
I remain skeptical - please convince me with hard numbers.

If you aren't bright enough to see the obvious - then 'hard numbers' aren't going to help you.

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
If you aren't bright enough to see the obvious - then 'hard numbers' aren't going to help you.
If that's what you prefer to believe, then so be it - I have some flow switch dingle dangle solenoids to replace. :D

Softus said:
joe-90 said:
If that's what you prefer to believe, then go right ahead.

Thanx. I will.

Back