Police Interceptors 09/11/15

I can't work out why the thief completely removed the cutout. Made no sense to me.

Especially as it looked like there were incoming and outgoing cables entering the bottom of the enclosure.

Left her neighbour without juice?

Sponsored Links
I wondered why he had disassembled the cut out, but I thought afterwards that perhaps he popped the service fuse as a result of his meddling.

Sponsored Links
I wondered why he had disassembled the cut out, but I thought afterwards that perhaps he popped the service fuse as a result of his meddling.
But then you'd have thought he'd just use a nail etc to replace the fuse. Who knows what was going through his mind

I just chanced on the repeat of the program.

The guy was ( and probably still is ) a total idiot.

As regards the cut out. I wonder if the meter had been removed as part of a disconnection for non payment and the DNO had made it impossible to connect into the cut out.

I've known a customer of mine who bought a reposed house have to pay a substantial fee for reconnection, as the DNO dug a hole in the street and cut and capped the service cable as the previous occupier had reconnected directly after the meter was removed due to non payment.

I suppose he always had the option of doing without electricity, but it seems a bit off to make him pay a fee to be reconnected after a disconnection which was nothing to do with him.

Still - could be worse, when you think of the traps an outgoing repo victim could leave behind if they were minded to.

I've been into properties where brass sockets were removed and the cables cut tight to the back box, lights removed and cables cut at the ceiling. Pretty much a rewire job. They usually kick hell out of the walls, kitchens, bathrooms too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back