Police non-emergency. What a joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I'm coming out of Upton Park station this morning I saw an unusual sight. A group of half a dozen foreign men (could be Eastern European but I don't know) plus three women. What was unusual was they were swapping/showing off wallets and credit/debit cards. I watched for a while and others arrived doing the same. Now, call me suspicious but I think it was an organised gang about to go on a thieving/pickpocketing spree on the last day of the month which is payday for most people. Try as I could to report my suspicions on the non-emergency line (obviously not a 999 call) but there was no way to speak to anybody directly to voice my concerns. Same with the Transport Police as it was not actually inside a station. They all want it reported online and even then, only if it's an actual crime. I gave up - what a joke.

Sponsored Links
Unless you're calling to report someone posting hurty words online, they're not interested anyway.

You voted for Police cuts, own it, stop moaning and go stand there and do some policing.

It does say non emergency - so they don#t need to react straight away and you complain when they don't respond. (y)

Sponsored Links
"Hello, I'm from other country and would like to come to yours please"
"What's your occupation?"
"Pickpocket and general thief but I'm from the EU".
"In you come then. Help yourself"

Lol...and you can live in my spare room.

"Here's the keys to a house, open a bank account and we'll pay some pocket money in for you"
"Thanks".
"Any kids, either here or back home"
"Six"
"Great. Here's some money for them too. Oh, While you're here, go and get that Hepatitis treated on us, we have some medicine for that. Only £110 a pill. Take one a day for 90 days and you should be fine"
"Thanks. Is there a food bank nearby?"

You voted for Police cuts, own it, stop moaning and go stand there and do some policing.

Shame you don't have the same opinion of the leave result.

However I don't recall police cuts ever being a specific item in a manifesto.

As I'm coming out of Upton Park station this morning I saw an unusual sight. A group of half a dozen foreign men (could be Eastern European but I don't know) plus three women. What was unusual was they were swapping/showing off wallets and credit/debit cards. I watched for a while and others arrived doing the same. Now, call me suspicious but I think it was an organised gang about to go on a thieving/pickpocketing spree on the last day of the month which is payday for most people. Try as I could to report my suspicions on the non-emergency line (obviously not a 999 call) but there was no way to speak to anybody directly to voice my concerns. Same with the Transport Police as it was not actually inside a station. They all want it reported online and even then, only if it's an actual crime. I gave up - what a joke.

You thought they may be Pick Pockets where is your proof, cant see the Police wading in and arresting them because of what you think they might be .
The Police would be aware if there was a sudden spate of Pick Pocketing in that area .

You thought they may be Pick Pockets where is your proof, cant see the Police wading in and arresting them because of what you think they might be .

They need to answer the call first; "wading in" would necessarily come after that.

They need to answer the call first; "wading in" would necessarily come after that.

It would be low priority, unless there was a Police Officer in the vicinity to attend straight away the group would have dispersed the only description was they were POSSIBLY Eastern European, the original poster did not witness a crime .

However I don't recall police cuts ever being a specific item in a manifesto.
You do understand that manifestos aren't worth the bog paper they are written on, don't you?

There was no mention of increased funding in line with inflation either - that in the real world means cuts.

And would you care to tell us how many Police officers there are today compared with when the tories came to power?

22,000 less...

But that wasn't in their manifesto either, was it :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back