Poll: Over-sleeving Harmonised 3C+E Cable

When using harmonised colours 3C+E for L, S/L and N, is black or grey preferred as neutral?

• Total voters
You were never going to get a consensus with those last two options.

Since the key word in the question was 'preferred' there was no need for the last two options.

I think 'preferred' more or less covers the last two options.

Sponsored Links
You were never going to get a consensus with those last two options. Since the key word in the question was 'preferred' there was no need for the last two options. I think 'preferred' more or less covers the last two options.
I know you said that at the start, but I didn't change it because I disagreed - at least in terms of the third option. Of those who did not answer 'grey' or 'black', over half (5/9) chose 'it depends'. If they are telling the truth, then, in my opinion, it would be silly and unhelpful to force them to choose one of the colours, in the knowledge that they would sometimes prefer the other one.

In the past, I've been involved a fair bit in survey design and processing, and have often seen how one can get quite misleading results by denying people a 'neutral' response ("don't know", "undecided", "it depends", "no preference" etc.) - since, if forced to give an explicit response, many people have no choice but to either guess or just 'pull an answer out of the air'.

I agree that the final one ("neither is preferred") could have been omitted - but that would not have made all that much difference, since only 4 out of 26 voters chose that one.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back