pool coping stones.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what is the best material to stick down pool coping stones?

we have a few loose ones around an outdoor pool, we have lifted them and cleaned then up, we want to stick them back down properly so thety dont move.

thanks

Sponsored Links
What are you sticking them onto, a concrete surround or a pool liner?

essentially concrete, but pool has been lined witgh fibreglass in the past so there is a few inches of fireglass turned over the top, under the copings. hope that makes sense.

aside - the pool water level is always high just lapping at the bed joints , as the skimmer is set very high in the side. we can drop the level to do the work, but when full and in use water is constantly in contact with this joint.

Sponsored Links
I’m no swimming pool expert but loose coping stones seem to be a common problem, sometimes this results from a lack of expansion/control joints. The stones may have been set on a standard mortar mix originally but to replace I would use either a latex modified mortar or PTB tile adhesive http://www.bal-adhesives.co.uk/products/stone-tile-ptb

Do not fully immerse the new bed joints for 3 weeks & unless the pool is heated during winter, I would reduce the water level significantly below the bed joints.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back