Poor hot water pressure. Cant figure it out.

you mean 1/4 turn and not always as some 1/4 turn ceramic disc taps work on gravity.

as for bleeding we've been through that.

Sponsored Links
im a slow typer, by the time i ask a question sombody has answerd it :)

use more fingers you'll get their quicker.
ok-wink.gif

Sponsored Links
is the kitchen sink a lever tap ( 1/2 a turn from off to full on ) if so its a ceramic disc tap, and you will experiance poor flow rates due to the poor head of water you have in the bungalow. ???

Yes its a lever tap. 1/4 turn right for hot. 1/4 turn left for cold

so where does the feed for the taps come off.
i can see the bend taking it upwards then where ?

so where does the feed for the taps come off.
i can see the bend taking it upwards then where ?

From what I can see it goes up into the roof then it splits off. One pipe goes down into the bathroom taps and along into the kitchen mixer tap. The other pipe that splits off heads towards the water tank but cant see if its connected to it or goes elsewhere. Need to get right in the roof with a torch.

an you wonder why you have poor pressure when the waters traveliing about 6foot back into the loft before dropping down again? :LOL:

an you wonder why you have poor pressure when the waters traveliing about 6foot back into the loft before dropping down again? :LOL:

Im afraid this Is why I am posting on here. I know sod all about plumbing or pipework.

Whats your solution??

:rolleyes:

have you got solid floors, that why the hot water pipe is going back into the loft?

It must have been like this since it was first fitted? :eek:

the floors are standard timber joists and plasterboard ceilings

No the hot water has gone again. Just trickling out!!

:cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back