Poor quality plumbing tradesman on site - photos added -am I being too harsh?

1. Substance Misuse Awareness and Counselling
2. Essential Book-keeping
3. Principles of Horticulture Level 2
4. Plumbing Installation Theory

I see that plumbing in the top 20 list of subjects in that prison link above is 4th - just behind growing drugs, running a drug business and not sampling the goods. What does that say about you plumbers? :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
There’s a reason solvent cement sales are through the roof

Sponsored Links
I must say he does have nice handwriting, at these there is one positive about the job.

Andy

Looks like his 'sentence' was capital punishment. Maybe on his next stretch, they'll teach him lower case.

As said, I also found it amusing that he used plastic screw caps on the batten behind cistern - nice touch. An out-and-out cowboy would have just driven in a couple of pozis and left it at that.

Looks like his 'sentence' was capital punishment. Maybe on his next stretch, they'll teach him lower case.

As said, I also found it amusing that he used plastic screw caps on the batten behind cistern - nice touch. An out-and-out cowboy would have just driven in a couple of pozis and left it at that.

Ah he even used 3 on the downstairs WC he took out to swap pan connector on lol

upload_2017-11-11_16-36-57.png
upload_2017-11-11_16-37-36.png

When you’ve got an orange toilet on carpet you can’t be fussy about the screws ;)

He didnt tighten the bolt properly.

I hope you dont leave it like that. Although the back 'wall' of the basin looks quite thin looking at the pic, so maybe the white washer insert couldnt go flush in. If that's the case the basin itself is bad quality.

All in all I'd give the guy 3 out of 10 (on account of there being no leaks and his soldering looks neat). I wouldnt pay him though and point him to this thread as the reason. You're going to have to spend more money getting it sorted.

Last edited:
He didnt tighten the bolt properly.

I hope you dont leave it like that. Although the back 'wall' of the basin looks quite thin lookig at the pic, so maybe the white washer insert couldnt go flush in. If that's the case the basin itself is bad quality.

All in all I'd give the guy 3 out f 10 (on account of there being no leaks). I wouldnt pay him though and point him to this thread as the reason. You're going to have to spend more money getting it sorted.

Its not aligned property - the fixing were supplied with basin and toilet - well sold to match £15 for fixings but bought them incase they were specific.

I had a bit of a 'mare fitting our toilet but got there in the end.

Go buy a flexible 90 toilet waste fitting from B&Q (so you can take it back for refund if not needed).

Good smear of silicone around the pan fitting before final fit as well.

As said already you may have to cut the soil pipe back slightly but it's only plastic and easy to do.

I'm not a plumber but that man has no pride in his work and can't beleive he's got the neck to ask for payment, tell him to knock the price of fitting the toilet off the final bill.

Attachments

• 20170605_182300.jpg
    20170605_182300.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 178
I had a bit of a 'mare fitting our toilet but got there in the end.

Go buy a flexible 90 toilet waste fitting from B&Q (so you can take it back for refund if not needed).

Good smear of silicone around the pan fitting before final fit as well.

As said already you may have to cut the soil pipe back slightly but it's only plastic and easy to do.

I'm not a plumber but that man has no pride in his work and can't beleive he's got the neck to ask for payment, tell him to knock the price of fitting the toilet off the final bill.

Thank you - If I were to do this and then cut the soil pipe back what connector should I use as diamater of soil pipe is narrower than the "socket" the pan connector fits into? Just on you tube looking - will I need to solvent weld it?

The flexi pipe just pushes into the soil pipe and seals itself buy multple rings (smear of silicone never goes amiss!).

You may not need to chop the pipe, mock it up first.

Use decent STAINLESS screws to bolt the toilet down as well if they are not already stainless.

This is what I had to deal with..
20170521_124556.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back