Pop up bath plug knackered?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right the push down and pop up bath plug seems to be about knackered it's getting more annoying trying to get the thing to spring back up to empty the bath.

If seems a bit stiff :cautious: at times.

What does adjusting the little screw do?

Should the the top screw off so I can get a replacement push down bit?

Attachments

• IMG_20191103_192008.jpg
    IMG_20191103_192008.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_20191103_192026.jpg
    IMG_20191103_192026.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 284
Sponsored Links
Quite suprised you managed to get it out as a rule the whole unit needs to be replaced. Corrosion or scale I would think. Try soaking overnight in descaler or white vinegar. Wash and then a squirt of wd40 in the long run I suspect you will need to change the complete unit though.

Quite suprised you managed to get it out as a rule the whole unit needs to be replaced. Corrosion or scale I would think. Try soaking overnight in descaler or white vinegar. Wash and then a squirt of wd40 in the long run I suspect you will need to change the complete unit though.

I had to use a little suction pad I had from changing the screen on my phone which was a lifesaver it just needed twisting a little and it popped up.

The plug just unscrews and comes straight out.

I've seen replacement pop up pins but it doesn't look like mine unscrews I'll try later.

Typical just put a new bath panel on and siliconed around :mad::mad:

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 260

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back