porcelain floor tile adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what im after is some info on what to use on porcelain floor tiles
is unibond adhesive, the stuff you mix yourself any good, ive been told that bal is very good but i can't seem to find any so far, tiles r us have some adhesive ,not sure on the make but its 30 quid for a bag that does 5 square metres and a bag of coloured grout is 15 quid ,
ive been told to keep clear of the tub stuff
where i live there is a b&q, focus do it all ,tiles r us and a buildbase so not much choice really

im laying them straight onto concrete

Sponsored Links
Just ask the tile supplier - if you use what they recommend, and something goes wrong, then you have some comeback.

FYI, the last porc job I did I used Weber fast-setting flexible floor tile adhesive. Excellent consistency, but a pain to have to keep mixing batches to avoid it going off.

littlecookie
unibond adhesive is rubbish ..lol .. imho :)

I have used Bal all my working life .. great stuff .. but other powder mixes are good too ..

Please .. please read the bag mix info ...an if you DONT understand anything on it come back an ask .....:)
never dive in
an thing Ill do the lot ,
as the paddle will be stuck in the thinset bucket an tiles all over ruined ..an wife hating you !!

tiling is all about preping an more preping before you even start

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back