Possible eBay bargain for a commercial/industrial guy..

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Who fits those these days?

!BcvnN1QBGk~$(KGrHqIOKjYEq4OpENp!BK11Uk)MJ!~~_35.JPG

I know some people prefer to use them in factories and the like, but I still prefer good old MCB's and MCCB's - The outgoing ways are 32 amp max too.

The fuses alone must be worth more than 99p...

Thefuses usually are not fitted if new , however the carriers are worth a bit, they retrofit inplace of the old porcelain rewirables on commercial jobs.
Quite often when on site there are spare ways and they are missing.
We still buy them from Wf occasionally.

Who fits those these days?

!BcvnN1QBGk~$(KGrHqIOKjYEq4OpENp!BK11Uk)MJ!~~_35.JPG

I know some people prefer to use them in factories and the like, but I still prefer good old MCB's and MCCB's - The outgoing ways are 32 amp max too.

If you need a bigger outgoing way then you'd need to purchase a board with larger outgoing ways.
I don't see the issue with having BS88 boards installed (assuming the one in the pic is BS88?). There is less to go wrong in a BS88 fuse than an MCCB or MCB, the energy let through of a fuse is also often less than a MCB/MCCB.
I'd imagine a BS88 board will also be a lot cheaper than MCB/MCCB boards.

Not had one specced on a job for a years.

It is all MCCB panel boards and MCB boards these days, all with integral meter packs to comply with the lovely BS's to monitor the different energy usages through out a property. It is not uncommon to see three MCB boards adjacent - one for power, one for lighting and one for heating. All with energy monitoring kit either installed in them, or in the MCCB board feeding them.

In my experience, these BS88 Excel boards are dated and rarely used these days.

Plan B - remove all the insides, screw to the wall of the switchroom, use it to hide beer in.

Only 3 boards for a factory :eek:
My experience is the opposite - all the boards with BS88 fuseways and not a single MCCB or MCB in sight.
Still don't see the problem with using BS88 boards whatever the make - we tend to use GE Redspots a lot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back