Post Brexit opportunities?

So you advocate producing something in the UK at a higher cost than what you can purchase from abroad. I get the argument but would that also apply to suppliers? Where do you draw the line?

Take for example making Transit vans. Can you source all the parts and materials in the UK? If not where do you say this should be made in the UK and this should not? So then some organisation has to decide that? Who will that be? Government? But then that's more central control and that's not the free markets that we expect from Brexit.

Sponsored Links
The quitters are excited about turning the UK into an insular North Korea style economy. They are drooling over British Leyland style cars and poor health. At least they will be able to eat bent bananas.

The replies to my comment are so poor I will treat them with the contempt they deserve.

Sponsored Links
I’m thinking after Brexit we are all starving so there must be some opportunity to make some money by producing something.

Where do we get our Pork? My sister keeps pigs on a small scale so maybe could make a more serious fmeffort to make some £££££

I’m wondering what I could produce to sell after Brexit, something that will be in demand but harder or more expensive to get?

I'm thinking of Importing Pigs from Israel

If our so called leaders had any backbone,they should have bought the Ford Transit plants, that were closed down with EU help,then they could start making our own Transit sized vans,which would be supplied to all government departments,EG police,NHS,local councils etc,then then there would be all the trdesmen that wanted to buy British.

They should also made sure that police ambulances council vehicles where MG Rover

If our so called leaders had any backbone,they should have bought the Ford Transit plants, that were closed down with EU help,then they could start making our own Transit sized vans,which would be supplied to all government departments,EG police,NHS,local councils etc,then then there would be all the trdesmen that wanted to buy British.

So, why were the UK plants closed down? Easier and cheaper to make people redundant here than other mainstream EU countries.

Think that will change for the better after brexit? Especially if we follow the USA model.

The replies to my comment are so poor I will treat them with the contempt they deserve.
Your comment was not unreasonable, and personally I think it would be better if we could manufacture more things here, particularly for the home market.
But the Transit case showed that the EU was happy to partly-finance Fords' move away from the UK, so in that case the EU did us no favours.

So, why were the UK plants closed down? Easier and cheaper to make people redundant here than other mainstream EU countries.
Or is it that eastern Europeans are prepared to work for less?

Sponsored Links
Back