Post Brexit opportunities?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m thinking after Brexit we are all starving so there must be some opportunity to make some money by producing something.

Where do we get our Pork? My sister keeps pigs on a small scale so maybe could make a more serious fmeffort to make some £££££

I’m wondering what I could produce to sell after Brexit, something that will be in demand but harder or more expensive to get?

Sponsored Links
I’m thinking after Brexit we are all starving so there must be some opportunity to make some money by producing something.

Where do we get our Pork? My sister keeps pigs on a small scale so maybe could make a more serious fmeffort to make some £££££

I’m wondering what I could produce to sell after Brexit, something that will be in demand but harder or more expensive to get?

EU passports?

Sponsored Links
You could start up a business delivering charity bags. Being able to read English, your staff wouldn't post them through doors that have "no charity bag" signs, inches from the letterbox.
USP extraordinaire. :)

Regardless of what deal we end up with, I think we as a country ought to get together and resolve to produce far more for our consumers than we do at the moment. We could once again champion British produce, would have less need to import and increase employment.

There is a good case for re-introducing manufacture of domestic goods solely for the home market - ordinary things such as white goods. What is the sense of importing these things from the far east at the cost of foreign exchange, while paying benefits to under-employed people here?
Leaving the EU would give us the freedom to consider approaches such as this, eg by putting temporary tarrifs on certain imports to give domestic manufacturers a chance to get going.
Whatever the merits or de-merits of leaving the EU, the flexibility it could give to the UK would in the long term be beneficial.
Cue JohnD...........

There is a good case for re-introducing manufacture of domestic goods solely for the home market - ordinary things such as white goods. What is the sense of importing these things from the far east at the cost of foreign exchange, while paying benefits to under-employed people here?
Leaving the EU would give us the freedom to consider approaches such as this, eg by putting temporary tarrifs on certain imports to give domestic manufacturers a chance to get going.
Whatever the merits or de-merits of leaving the EU, the flexibility it could give to the UK would in the long term be beneficial.
Cue JohnD...........

Errrr... no. Better to design better washing machines and have them made elsewhere. More value add.

I'm trying to source a gross of avocados to sell to the middle class/remainer/yuppie Shoreditch types. Should make a decent bit of coin post cliff edge.

I'm trying to source a gross of avocados to sell to the middle class/remainer/yuppie Shoreditch types. Should make a decent bit of coin post cliff edge.

Just make sure they're fair trade ones. They are particular you know.

If our so called leaders had any backbone,they should have bought the Ford Transit plants, that were closed down with EU help,then they could start making our own Transit sized vans,which would be supplied to all government departments,EG police,NHS,local councils etc,then then there would be all the trdesmen that wanted to buy British.

Sponsored Links
Back