Post the best photo you took today

View attachment 166146 That was a couple of years ago, and I still haven't done the steps.....:oops:

Yours is a biggun too!! I’m jealous of your chiminea, i’m not allowed one because I get carried away with my garden fires :LOL:

E55CF79A-6553-42D0-978E-918443C3271F.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Tore meniscus in my knee at ju jitsu , didn’t bother with doctors, just limped for 3 months.

Got knocked out at football, didn't get medical attention.
3 months later, routine eye test diagnosed retina hanging on by thread. Prognosis ; blind in one eye at 11.
Funny how little things have far - reaching consequences.

Ouch. That sucks.
When I moved to this house in August 2017, I tripped while carrying a bedside cabinet outside. Fell, snapped my right thumb off. Will never be the same. Was about 6 months before I could really hold anything properly again, and still weak, even with all the DIY I've been doing.

Ouch. That sucks.
When I moved to this house in August 2017, I tripped while carrying a bedside cabinet outside. Fell, snapped my right thumb off. Will never be the same. Was about 6 months before I could really hold anything properly again, and still weak, even with all the DIY I've been doing.

Getting older is an accumulation of all the little injuries, bashes, and breaks.

yep. Luckily not broken too much, just my thumb, little toe and ankle / bottom of the small leg bone. All on the right side. Left side is all OK!

Got knocked out at football, didn't get medical attention.
3 months later, routine eye test diagnosed retina hanging on by thread. Prognosis ; blind in one eye at 11.
Funny how little things have far - reaching consequences.

Harsh :(. I hate to ask but would medical attention have saved your eye?

If my 11 year old were knocked out but came round seeming ok I wouldn’t have thought about getting him checked out until reading this.

If my 11 year old were knocked out but came round seeming ok I wouldn’t have thought about getting him checked out until reading this.
Anyone gets knocked out or becomes unconcious should seek medical advice.

Yes, because it wouldn't have spent 3 months becoming more and more detached:(

Anyone gets knocked out or becomes unconcious should seek medical advice.

I was knocked out, so didn't know I'd been knocked out. That, and I was only 11.........

All in all, not a good story; the only saving grace was that I had a very, very good surgeon, who did save some sight in that eye. But, physically as well as mentally, that sort of thing does affect you, for life. At least, it does me.

Sponsored Links
Back