Post the best photo you took today

Sadly, you can't sit in the Vulcan outside.

But there is an amputated cockpit inside the building.

Funnily enough, there is a retired RAF pilot, Trevor Jackson, living on the estate where Woodford Aerodrome was. He was in the RAF between 1961 and 1981 then went on to be a flying instructor and finally flew for Monarch.

He often noticed the plane when flying over Woodford, but did not recognise it as when it was decommed and flown back to Woodford, it was repainted back to all white, as it was when it left the factory.

But it turned out that he has flown both the one outside (XM603) and the sawn-off one inside (XM 602)! In fact, he now spends time as a volunteer showing visitors the cockpit and reminiscing!

Sponsored Links
MM

What a fantastic crop!

We love beetroot soup. One of these days I shall start growing stuff to eat.

..We love beetroot soup. One of these days I shall start growing stuff to eat.

The beetroot was really easy to grow. I grew two types - red and golden. Boil 'em for 25 mins or steam them for 50 mins and that’s it. Will have to look up a beetroot soup recipe. Mind you, if you eat too much of it, it don't half turn your wee red! Frightening the first time it happens. :mrgreen:

9B01151C-7338-407A-A6A4-1AD76CFE01D9.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Gorgeous kittens! What you doing to do with them all?! Hope you neuter your cats though, in all seriousness, it's the kindest and healthiest thing you can do for them, as well as not have too many kittens needing homes!!

Did you know that white cats that have blue eyes tend to be deaf? Or one blue eye can be deaf in one ear.

The beetroot was really easy to grow. I grew two types - red and golden. Boil 'em for 25 mins or steam them for 50 mins and that’s it. Will have to look up a beetroot soup recipe. Mind you, if you eat too much of it, it don't half turn your wee red! Frightening the first time it happens. :mrgreen:
When I made jars and jars of picked beets a few years ago (which we still have lots left) my kitchen looked like I'd murdered something. Yours is so tidy!! :)

Gorgeous kittens! What you doing to do with them all?! Hope you neuter your cats though, in all seriousness, it's the kindest and healthiest thing you can do for them, as well as not have too many kittens needing homes!!

Did you know that white cats that have blue eyes tend to be deaf? Or one blue eye can be deaf in one ear.

I never knew that!! We have 3 white cats and they may well be deaf, they don’t stop clawing chairs when I ask them to!!

They were an accidental litter from a cat that is a kitten herself. We had a week of horny boy cats outside the house and our cat climbed out off a window then went off for some nookie in the woods. She has made a very good mother but this will be her only litter.

3 have homes to go to, 2 don’t yet but my sister has a pet shop so i’m sure she will know someone for the other 2 :)

Sponsored Links
Back