Post the best photo you took today

Sponsored Links
Public health England. New headquarters and
Campus
Up above me. This little baby will help my house stay buoyant. Problem is we might get a bunch of northerners move down.

Screenshot_20200422_165414_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a monstrosity. All glass and concrete. Won't be too many years before it's pulled down for one reason or another.

Sponsored Links
That's a monstrosity. All glass and concrete. Won't be too many years before it's pulled down for one reason or another.

It's been there 20 years +. Was GlaxoSmithKline. Plenty of land they are going to build on

Not quite that far back, LOL. Though there are some of them in Bury St Edmunds and Lavenham near where I live.
I believe they date back to the 1400-1600's One of them in Lavenham was used in the filming of Harry Potter and was called Godricks Hollow(?) I think. Not a great Potter fan but my wife and step-daughter are.
My taste is more Edwardian/Georgian/Victorian. Liverpool was once a mass of these styles until the wreckers, sorry planners, decided to rip them all down in the 60-70's until people started protesting they were destroying the city's heritage. They still have some remaining and these are often used in period dramas but so much was lost.
We had a very distinctive waterfront, noticeably with 3 grand buildings known as the 3 Graces. The Port of Liverpool Building, The Cunard Building and the Royal Liver Building. All built between 1904 - 1916 I think and still standing proud but now they have built modern glass/steel/concrete edifices that are as ugly as sin and the authorities are now saying we have 7 Graces. Not to the majority of scousers they don't!
Give me traditional any time.

Not quite that far back, LOL. Though there are some of them in Bury St Edmunds and Lavenham near where I live.
I believe they date back to the 1400-1600's One of them in Lavenham was used in the filming of Harry Potter and was called Godricks Hollow(?) I think. Not a great Potter fan but my wife and step-daughter are.
My taste is more Edwardian/Georgian/Victorian. Liverpool was once a mass of these styles until the wreckers, sorry planners, decided to rip them all down in the 60-70's until people started protesting they were destroying the city's heritage. They still have some remaining and these are often used in period dramas but so much was lost.
We had a very distinctive waterfront, noticeably with 3 grand buildings known as the 3 Graces. The Port of Liverpool Building, The Cunard Building and the Royal Liver Building. All built between 1904 - 1916 I think and still standing proud but now they have built modern glass/steel/concrete edifices that are as ugly as sin and the authorities are now saying we have 7 Graces. Not to the majority of scousers they don't!
Give me traditional any time.

I love all architecture some of the 50s 60s 70 & 80s up till now will never date well. But some are going full cycle and look good again.

I hate mock Victorian ect ect.

Love modern.

I love all architecture some of the 50s 60s 70 & 80s up till now will never date well. But some are going full cycle and look good again.

I hate mock Victorian ect ect.

Love modern.
Indeed...especially the 70s "brutalist" era concrete monstrosities.

Indeed...especially the 70s "brutalist" era concrete monstrosities.

Maybe not the 70s as much but there is some 50s and 60s that's now coming of age. Architecture of this age can be tarted up with modern windows doors and lighting. Where's mainly older property can't be without ruining the original beauty.

Sponsored Links
Back