Postage service shut down over Christmas / new year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Curious to know whether it's still a good idea to send out parcels and letters now? Selling on eBay and don't want any issues with extremely late deliveries during the next few weeks ?

Sponsored Links
AIUI your eBay obligation consists of dispatching something within your promised number of working days. So if the PO isn't open, that is not your fault. If you post something and they delay it, that isn't your fault.

Put some warnings/disclaimers in your item description to alert people to the possibility of seasonal delays.

AIUI your eBay obligation consists of dispatching something within your promised number of working days. So if the PO isn't open, that is not your fault. If you post something and they delay it, that isn't your fault.

Put some warnings/disclaimers in your item description to alert people to the possibility of seasonal delays.

You haven't sold on eBay have you BAS ?

Sponsored Links
I'm really only interested in people who sell e-commerce and have some actual experience in the area. If I want an uninformed opinion I'll come to you BAS , thanks (y)bye now.

I'm really only interested in people who sell e-commerce and have some actual experience in the area. If I want an uninformed opinion I'll come to you BAS , thanks (y)bye now.
You're quite the tosser aren't ya.
Next time someone tries to give you advice, perhaps either ignore it or thank them out of politeness.

And while we are on the topic, are you not capable of just thinking with common sense? The post office shutting for 2 days over Christmas has happened all your life, so has the availability of information of 'last post dates for Xmas' at your post office. I should imagine that anyone buying of ebay also knows there will be a slight delay. Did it really warrant a whole post? Be a grown up Hawk and think, ffs.

Next time someone tries to give you advice, perhaps either ignore it or thank them out of politeness.

And while we are on the topic, are you not capable of just thinking with common sense? The post office shutting for 2 days over Christmas has happened all your life, so has the availability of information of 'last post dates for Xmas' at your post office. I should imagine that anyone buying of ebay also knows there will be a slight delay. Did it really warrant a whole post? Be a grown up Hawk and think, ffs.

BAS's alt user account ?

Let's stay on topic please before I start reporting posts for flaming and trolling.

I have more interest in the general section than getting into pointless political arguements. If you don't have anything to contribute to the thread and add no value whatsoever to it : ellal, BAS , sodthisforim, simply refrain from posting in my threads. You don't have to talk to me if you don't like me. (y)

Rofl,,,is BAS your dad????

Let's stay on topic please before I start reporting posts for flaming and trolling.

I have more interest in the general section than getting into pointless political arguements. If you don't have anything to contribute to the thread and add no value whatsoever to it : ellal, BAS , sodthisforim, simply refrain from posting in my threads. You don't have to talk to me if you don't like me. (y)
As I said, go think for yourself or do you need to have your hand held at every step in life?

This whole thread is pointless. There is nothing to contribute because it's not a problem to 99.9% of the UK population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back