Potential house buy but worried by the cracks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
The wife and I have taken a liking to a 1930's semi detached house which has had one owner since it was built but we are concerned by some of the cracks in the rooms.

Pic 1: Full length crack along bathroom ceiling
Pic 2: Crack in bay window
Pic 3: Damp in one of the rooms

Sponsored Links
a bit lacking in detail ???

most houses have cracks in old decoration and the odd bit off damp
the odd hairline crack is off no concern up to cracks that you can put your fingers in that would concern any one
picture inside and out may help
ok found your picture
//www.diynot.com/network/Truman007/albums/18145

Those cracks look ancient and are therefore probably not worth worrying about.

The house looks rather neglected/derelict, in other houses those kinds of cracks would have been filled in in the normal course of maintenance and you'd never know they were there.

Thanks for that .... I'm new to this forum and thought I had posted the pics. :oops:

Other than the cracks and the fact that it all needs modernising, it doesn't seem that bad.

There is a lot of potential in this house and would be able to extend in the future.

I've added more pics.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't worry too much about internal cracks, but more so maybe if the cracks are repeated outside.
There's a lot of potential there - it needs loads of TLC but it doesn't look if its been kicked around much.
John :)

Those neighbours look a bit too monopolising to me. Too many people in a house are NOISEY.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back