Potterton Boiler with Gunged pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me some advise;
I have a Potterton Performa 24 which stopped working a few weeks ago after I bled a radiator.

Normally I reset the boiler inside and top up the water and it starts up again - but not this time.

I've had a company out and their now telling me that the pipes inside the boiler are all gunged up and this is why my boiler won't reset or work??
The system was checked in October and it was all OK.

The advise given is that I need to replace my boiler - is this my only sensible option???

They also can't tell me why this happened in the first place and more importantly how I prevent it happening again.

Any advise welcome , thnx

Sponsored Links
They also can't tell me why this happened in the first place

cos the lazy git that installed it didn't flush the system properly

The advise given is that I need to replace my boiler - is this my only sensible option???
no

more importantly how I prevent it happening again.

get the system flushed (properly) then add inhibitor

Have you tried the reset button inside the boiler?

Hi,

It won't reset, it usually works .

Looks like I need to get the system flushed, does that flushout the internal pipes in the boiler too?

Thanx

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you have been resetting the o/h stat a lot of times.

This is a safety device and designed for engineer reset on the basis that the engineer has dealt with the problem. It has probably failed from excessive use!

Merely getting somebody to powerflush the system will not include dealing with the boiler. You need someone who understands the boiler and knows how to deal with the boiler as well as poweflushing the system.

The plate HE will also be pretty well blocked and will need to be included in the cleaning.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back