Potterton Puma 80 is cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been having some right grief with my PP 80 and now it's cutting out within about 12 seconds of firing up either the CH or the hot water.
Some of you may remember a few weeks ago I posted re- my leaky valve that was causing an electrc trip. Well that was replaced, but I noticed that the hot water pressure wasn't too good after my plumber left. In fact, the cold was pretty poor throughout the flat and the hot pressure was so bad that the hot water kept switching off while it was running. Anyway - the main stop cock for the water coming into the flat wasn't on properly so I turned it on and hey presto! - decent pressure into the flat/boiler.
Straight after that adjustment I've been having this problem with the bolier cutting out. Is it related to the greater water pressure? (It's not excessively high) I assume the boiler is cutting because it's overheating but I need to have an idea what might be causing the problem before I decide on a course of action - my last plumber wasn't as good as I'd hoped and I'm not sure whether to insist he comes back or cut my losses and get someone else (recommendations for West Norwood/Dulwich area of London gratefully received!)

Cheers
Greggers

Sponsored Links
I assume the boiler is cutting because it's overheating but I need to have an idea what might be causing the problem before I decide on a course of action - my last plumber wasn't as good as I'd hoped and I'm not sure whether to insist he comes back or cut my losses and get someone else (recommendations for West Norwood/Dulwich area of London gratefully

if its cutting out its prob overheating ;)

could well be a partially blocked heat exchanger of a dodgy pump

give AGILE a ring

his number is in his profile ;)

Hi gregchivs,

I hope you manage to solve the problem.
Can you please post what the problem was about and its solution?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back