Potterton Puma 80E gas cutting out

Sponsored Links
it was a brand new meter by transco... besides it was fine after i installed new pipe. Plus it was capped of inside the meter by transco and the meter was tested as thats always a good place for leaks...

good try tho, i have thought about this and thought but i cant get round this one...

If you capped off the meter outlet and tested the meter ok I would be tempted to just replace the installation pipework if it is that short, just to get it out of the way......does it pass through a wall?

Sponsored Links
"Emergency control"/ The gas tap. ?

You could air-test the distribution pipe. Easy to find leaks at 4 bar (yer dis off the meter and boiler first....)

nope that was fine and also has just been replaced as it was stiff. it was replaced by transco with a new handle. they are the ones who found the leak and cut it off for safety. Everything was fine on the transco side, only the 1 meter run, i might air test it as i still have the pipe in the van, which reminds me must go to skip tomorrow and dump ribbish £36.00 to dump a few bags and boilers rip off!! i might just sling them in the river, they might bring the crazy prices down, but if you go in a car its free.???? :mad:

OK, so having looked at this for bit - I decided to have poke around at the Automatic Air Vent once again - I found that there was still a large amount of air in the system (it must have still been blocked despite removing the screw at the top).

Now I have a different problem. After I have lit the pilot light and turn the switch from Stand-by to On the main burners fire up and then cut out as before. This is despite the CH not being switched on and no hot taps running!

??????

Hi Jimjam,

I hope you resolved your issue with the PUMA 80.
Can you please post the description of the problem and its solution?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back