Potterton Suprima 30 water working no heating help!

Yes I have also tried resetting boiler switching on off etc

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Yes I have also tried resetting boiler switching on off etc
I’ve just looked at the manual, can’t see the fault you described earlier listed, can you post a photo of the led’s?

So I move the slider slightly to the right to manual not all the way where it says overide only? So this will only work if I'm running the hot water?
Slide fully to the right,and then downward to lock it there. This will not fire the boiler,you need hot water set to run, and boiler will heat rads as well as the cylinder.

Reactions: CBW
Slide fully to the right,and then downward to lock it there. This will not fire the boiler,you need hot water set to run, and boiler will heat rads as well as the cylinder.
So does that literally mean I need the hot tap running to heat the radiators or have I misunderstood? Thanks

Sponsored Links
No, you need programmer set to heat the water in the hot water cylinder. If the cylinder is already full of hot water ,the boiler will not fire up though as the thermostat on the cylinder will be satisfied ,and prevent the boiler from firing up.

Second above.
Terry has hit the nail on the head

Will I be causing the boiler/valve any harm by using on manual?

No, you need programmer set to heat the water in the hot water cylinder. If the cylinder is already full of hot water ,the boiler will not fire up though as the thermostat on the cylinder will be satisfied ,and prevent the boiler from firing up.
?? if the timer is on for CH and the roomstat is calling, the boiler will fire and give CH. As the cylinder primary still gets hot water, even when the cylinder stat is satisfied, the HW may get hotter than usual, but no problem short-term.

?? if the timer is on for CH and the roomstat is calling, the boiler will fire and give CH.
Unfortunately it isn't firing up for central heating as the 3 port valve isn't working.
Under normal working conditions the cylinder coil wouldn't get heated at all once the cylinder stat is satisfied,as the stat to boiler would be open circuit.

Unfortunately it isn't firing up for central heating as the 3 port valve isn't working.
The 3-port valves I'm familiar with cannot close both ports at once, so no need to power the boiler from a microswitch in the valve. The boiler is powered direct from the roomstat.
Under normal working conditions the cylinder coil wouldn't get heated at all once the cylinder stat is satisfied,as the stat to boiler would be open circuit.
Yes, of course, but the boiler can still be powered from the roomstat. And it's not normal working conditions, with, the valve in manual, it behaves (I assume) as a tee, allowing flow to cylinder and rads.

I'm sorry I don't follow what you're saying now
If that's to me, have you got heating now? If not, try putting the valve in manual (as per terry in #18), make sure HW and CH are on on the programmer, and turn the roomstat up till it clicks.

The 3-port valves I'm familiar with cannot close both ports at once, so no need to power the boiler from a microswitch in the valve. The boiler is powered direct from the roomstat.

Yes, of course, but the boiler can still be powered from the roomstat. And it's not normal working conditions, with, the valve in manual, it behaves (I assume) as a tee, allowing flow to cylinder and rads.
Which make and model valve are you referring to fixitflav ?
And what wiring system would it apertain to ,certainly not Y plan ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back