Power cut accents g3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys last night we had a powercut alarm went off ran downstairs keypad beeping away, put in code and the beeping inside stopped.

However the bell box was still sounding for 20 mins. Once it stopped it was making a buzzing noise which could be heard through the house.

The attack light was on the keypad and couldn't be reset

Once power restored all seems well, is it a new battery or a case something else is wrong.

The alarm is quite old was.put in mid to late 90s when the house was built, last battery change was around 4 years ago

Thanks

Sponsored Links
New battery ....or resistor burnt on pcb due to battery not being replaced on a regular basis...
Post picture of pcb

I don't have the engineer code can I open box and use my normal code?

Sponsored Links
Changed the battery, the big resistor looked fine, no sign of it been blown,

Armed the system killed the power to it and the alarm didn't sound, so it looks like it's been fixed

On a side note it was an accenta 8 not a g3.

The keypad is looking a bit tired, can I just change it for the newer version, does it require the engineer code or reprogramming?

No just swop over ....LED only , don’t think the new LCD is backwards compatible...date the battery and change every 5 years and it should keep going ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back