Power Cuts

Sponsored Links
MOD: Don't repost the same posts that were deleted previously.
Stop showing your bias yet again...

Notchy gets his feelings hurt and posts are deleted...

Quite pathetic!

I posted this in the Gas bit of the forum and thought some may be interested in commenting

In view of the powercuts down South in the past few days what plans, if any, do CC members have for the coming winter if the grid goes down for more than a few hours and maybe extends to a few days.

My thoughts (which may be misguided ) are buy a generater with built in Inverter to supply clean electric to run boiler pcb as I assume the Gas Grid will probably remain pressurised due to enormaty of purging the district pipework.

Or I am thinking about simply figuring out how to use my deisel estate as a source of electricity and even utilising the heat from the exhaust to provide a base load for the heating.

Or just buy a fur coat.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/how-to-keep-warm-if-grid-goes-down.527576/#ixzz5wTbEkiEZ

Sponsored Links
Yeah I mean loss of power outside your home, as opposed to a tripped RCD/ MCB etc...

Remainers will suggest,post brexit,we going back to the days of looking up in the newspaper for the power cut schedule for the following week..like the 70s

Decades ago the engine removed from a written off Mini was used for supplying 12 volt DC power and heating for an " off the grid" home. Apparently sucessful

I have forgotten the details, but some car alternator can be adapted to produce 110v ac.

The make quite good portable welding supplies.

Remainers will suggest,post brexit,we going back to the days of looking up in the newspaper for the power cut schedule foe the following week..like the 70s

I was certainly around and working back then, but I don't recall suffering any power cuts at all - guess I was working on an important facility which didn't suffer cuts...

Sponsored Links
Back