power flush requirement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wonder if anyone can advise or if I need to contact the manufacturer about this? I recently had a new boiler installed and had numerous problems relating to boiler noise etc. some of which have been ironed out abit but some still remain. It transpires that the installer did not power flush the system and flushed using a system clean and an inhibitor. I have been advised that this may be contrary to the manufacturers instructions and I need to find out if he should have power flushed and if he has contravened the instructions if he has not. He signed the log book to say that he had flushed and cleaned in accordance with BS7593 and the boiler manufacturers instructions. As I have had such alot of trouble , stress and expense because of the problems with this new boiler, if it turns out that he indeed should have power flushed it then I am quite willing to take the matter further. do I need to contact the manufacturer about this, as I believe that if it turns out that he did not install correctly, it may invalidate my warranty. Grateful for any advice. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Never a requirement to powerflush, not even the use of chemicals is compulsory.
Wouldn't be an ideal, or a junior by any chance would it?

cleanser and inhibitor meets the requirements, powerflush is above and beyond. Although both methods of cleaning can be done wrongly anyway.

Never a requirement to powerflush, not even the use of chemicals is compulsory.
Wouldn't be an ideal, or a junior by any chance would it?

Sorry , by that do you mean an Ideal boiler ? In which case - no. by junior, do you mean the installer? Again, no. Qualified and corgi registered-all above board and recommended.

Sponsored Links
Its the installers job to make sure the system is clean and protected against corrosion. How he achieves that is down to his professional judgement. Sounds like his method wasn't adequate in this case. You haven't actually said what contact you've had with your installer about this if any? Is he not willing to return and rectify the problem? Not sure how you would stand legally, but first off, who's told you its not been flushed properly, what was the proof? did they take a water sample? if so what were the results? what boiler is it? more info

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back