power padsaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm trying to find a saw I can use close in to a wall, I was wondering if anyone knows of a padsaw type tool that is powered ( preferably cordless)?, normal Jigsaws are tool bulky (wide) for this job.

Cheers, TMA.

Sponsored Links
How about a dremel with a cut off disc, depends what you're trying to cut of course.

you'll have to tell us what you're trying to cut.

Sponsored Links
I'd like to be able to cut floorboard as well as plasterboard (with an appropriate blade)

A Fein Multimaster, or a (cheaper) Bosch PMF 180. The cordless Multimaster is quite a pricey tool (around £285). A post in this thread says Bosch are introducing a cordless version of their tool soon.

A spiral saw. Ryobi do a cordless one but these saws are just as tall as a jigsaw

The Fein, Bosch or Worx (from Argos) will work in confined space - about 75mm

Or have a look at the Exakt saw

The Bosch looks like the best option of these for the application, As far as I can work out these work by oscillating the blade. How good are the at cutting skirting and the like. I imagine it eats plasterboard no prob. anyone used one ?

They work really well as long as the material being cut is firm. If the material can move even a tiny bit ( a door or a copper pipe on the wall) , then it will oscillate along with the blade and the cut takes much, much longer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back