Power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm due to have an un vented hot water cylinder installed but have a power shower already. Will the extra pressure blow up my shower? What if I just turn the dial to the lowest setting will it be ok then?

Sponsored Links
What type of power shower ? does it have an integral pump ?

Do you mean you have a pump? If the pump is external then just remove it. If the pump is internal then you need a new shower

It's a mira with an integral pump. I plan to completely redo the shower room next month but wondered if it will keep till then

Sponsored Links
Balls! Ok. Out of interest what would happen to it if I introduced both hot and cold mains pressure (instead of just the cold at mains and hot from gravity as it currently gets)?

Balls! Ok. Out of interest what would happen to it if I introduced both hot and cold mains pressure (instead of just the cold at mains and hot from gravity as it currently gets)?

Try it and let us all know the results please.

Ps it won't be getting mains cold at the moment. The cold will be gravity

Oh, so my bath tap will be off the mains but the shower from gravity?

what would happen to it if I introduced both hot and cold mains pressure
If you are lucky, a crack as the plastic shower body disintegrates, the roar of water rushing out, and then a click as the RCD cuts the electricity off, leaving you in total darkness with vast amounts of hot and cold water spraying all over the bathroom.

If unlucky, all of the above but occurring 5 minutes after you leave the house in the morning.

i got called out to just such a job a few months ago, where the customer converted to mains but had a power shower wall unit and left it in....suffice to say they now need a new bathroom floor and the kitchen ceiling re-boarded, plastered and decorated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back