Power socket in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The house I have just bought has a ventilation unit in the bathroom which is controlled via a pull cord. I pulled the cord and pulled it again to turn it off but it wouldnt go off. I eventually turned the electric off and pulled out the fuse. The box does not look like a standard ceiling mounted one, it is on the top of the wall with a small light on the side of it. I have not seen anything like it in the shops and wondered if I purchased a standard pull cord option for the bathroom whether this would be ok - all help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this. It turned out that the problem was a transformer for a 12V ventilator. Thats why it was bigger than usual as it was housing the transformer too. There is a switch inside that jumped out of its housing so could not get this to work. Now solved though although I would feel better if I were able to buy a new transformer completely. None of the local DIY shops seem to sell them. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
A local electrical wholesaler will sort you out... tell them what you need or even better take the old transformer to them!

not sure where abouts you live so cannot sujest any places.

hope you find one!

carlos

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back