Powermax 135 Boiler Problem !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help me out ? We have an old Powermax 135 boiler (maybe 15 yrs old) and it has had various problems, but currently we need to replace the blend valve, some pipework and the gas assembly pipe - due to leaks.

We have found the gas assembly pipe (part P582) to be corroded so must be replaced, but it is an obsolete part now, which is a nuisance as we don't want to have to replace the boiler just because of this.

I've tried everywhere and no one seems to have the part, does anyone know of anywhere who may have old stock ??
Or is there another way around the problem ? Would it really be best to just upgrade the boiler to prevent future hassles ??

Any help much appreciated would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much

Sponsored Links
Get rid of the awful thing

if you really want to repair it call potterton and see if they will come out on the fixed fee thing

Gas valve part No. P096.

These need setting up by a Corgi.

Hi BaxPoti, thanks for your reply.

The part we need is actually a pipe assembly (10mm dia pipe) which runs vertically up the boiler in a kind of 'S' shape, not the gas valve.

I doubt we'll find it anyway.

Sponsored Links
Sorry just re-read your post.

Yes, this pipe is now obsolete.

Ok BaxPoti thanks for your comments, anyway.

New boiler for me then....

TwGas = STILL no help

What help are you expecting in reality?, nobody is going to hold an obscure part like this as a stock item meaning it would be ordered in from the manufacturers as required. They say it is obsolete therefore unobtainable new. I would keep an eye out for other houses similar to yours having these nails replaced and try to cannibalize them.....the boilers!

Ollski, I was expecting someone to simply say 'Yeah I have one of those exact pipes spare in the garage' and send it to me by Monday morning. But obviously that's not gonna happen.....

Thanks very much for your help everyone, I now have the part I need to mend this classic Powermax 135 boiler.

Such a result :)

Cheers,

Pleased you have sourced the part.

There are few, I would wager, on this forum that would describe the Powermax IMI 135 as a 'classic'. It is a heap.

Hi SimonD, I assume you mean 'wouldn't describe it as a classic.

I happen to think its one of the finest boilers ever produced, so efficient and easy to deal with

LOL

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back