Powermax 155X Servicing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We have the above boiler which is about 5 years old and currently working :LOL: .But we are thinking of taking out a service plan with someone like British Gas And just want to know if anyboby has any views or better ideas .We thought about doing this as trying to find a plumber that will even go near a powermax boiler in Norfolk is very hard.We have had it serviced a couple of times and change the Aqua-Dail scale inhibitor yearly.As i assume scale is the biggest problem to a boiler in Norfolk.Or would i be better off getting a water softener and just paying for a yearly service (if i can find someone to do it).
Any Advice or help would be great.
Thanks Mike

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
not 100% sure but dont think BG would touch it with a Bargepole

they should take it on as long as its working just now.

Sponsored Links
BG will cover it. Either of them or Heatteam would be fine. I'd probably go with Heatteam simply as their engineers will have more experience of their own boilers...

ACOperson said:
BG will cover it. Either of them or Heatteam would be fine. I'd probably go with Heatteam simply as their engineers will have more experience of their own boilers...

I did say that i wasnt 100% sure you know.

I do know the lads around me hate em with a passion.

Isn't that the model which BG engineers messed up and somebody was killed by carbon monoxide inhalation?

Agile said:
Isn't that the model which BG engineers messed up and somebody was killed by carbon monoxide inhalation?

BG engineer actually....just one....not a plural.

he has been suspended on full pay and is being tried for manslaughter i believe. he will not be defended by BG as he didnt fill in any paperwork, either electronically or manually.

Why would a BG engineer not fill in the visit details at the time?

Tony

he will not be defended by BG as he didnt fill in any paperwork, either electronically or manually.

Sounds ominous

Nice to BG looking after their staff (any get out clause will do)

baxpoti said:
he will not be defended by BG as he didnt fill in any paperwork, either electronically or manually.

Sounds ominous

Nice to BG looking after their staff (any get out clause will do)

why should they defend someone who in all likelyhood was told a hundred times to fill in his paperwork? if he missed a few houses out hes ok....but they surveyed a lot of his past work and he had done virtually none. he is now, quite rightly, finding out what the consequences are for being lazy.

Why would a BG engineer not fill in the visit details at the time?

laziness...it takes all of 30 seconds to fill it out for an engineer who has done it thousands of times.....eventually you dont even look at the screen as its second nature after the 5000th time.

I didnt hear about this case.

Can't see how he / she managed to screw it up so badly if they had the MI on their laptop and a service kit incl. gaskets etc as they should have...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back