PowerShower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Hi Chris,

thanks for the reply.

just fixed all the links ... blasted Digital camera!!!!

Hot needs to come from a flange ("Essex" is easiest and best) on the cylinder, cold needs to come from a dedicated new pipe from the loft CW cistern.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris.

The cold from the loft, does it come from the bottom of the cold water tank? ie from a new fitting and what size should it be? Bigger the better? ;)

and...

is the Essex flange? the one that comes out of the middle of the hotwater tank and what size should that be for best result?

Cheers!

seeing as the pump is only 15mm
15mm :idea:

yes you need a cold supply from the tank

the tapping for the pump should be lower than the cylinder feed

I know its nothing to do with this
but what is an essex flange currently at college but i like learning things on this site
what does it do

tt3%20Large.JPG

hows that ;)

Thanks for info and brill diagram!

I can follow that. The problem is I have run a cold feed to the shower mixer which is off the mains however i've been told that the pump I have cannot be mains fed and that hot and cold must be of equal pressure.

Both hot and cold feeds are in the floor and rise to the shower mixer as I am unable to feed from the top because the bathroom area has a flat roof with no access unless I remove felt and board. EXPENSIVE!

Q: Can I reduce the cold feed to the shower mixer which is mains pressure with a restriction device / isolator?

It also looks like I will have to remove the cylinder to gain access to the hot feed which is at the back and disappears under the floor. OH BUGGER!

Q: From my pics is there any of the pipes I can use as the "hot" out?

Any thoughts anybody?

Many Thanks!

No, you cannot use the mains with a pressure reducing valve , has to come from the cold tank.

The essex flange can be cut into the hot cylinder near the front.

Question.......

Would it be ok to take a hot feed from the hot outlet at the top of a hot water tank?

I did read a on another post that it may drag air in.... What to stop it doing this from the top of the tank where a essex flange is fitted?
(it maybe obvious but i don't know)

Thanks.

Your pump is miracuously the same as a NewTeam Varispeed I fitted last week except the plastic is blue instead of black, what a friggin fiddle.
Anyway I teed off the hot outlet on top of the cylinder and it worked fine, mind you I fitted it to an expensive Mira Excel thermostatic mixer, the cold HAS to be fed from the tank as others have said, also if the shower outlet is to high in relation to the tank you will need a negative pressure kit to fire the pump up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back