PPE, your thoughts?

James Dyson here. We met at that Conservative dinner last Christmas. I don't know the first thing about ventilators, but I expect they're very similar to vacuum cleaners. Shall I make some?

Sure thing mate.

I've got a problem with tax, Boris.

I'll fix it, stand on me, have I ever let anyone down before?

The BBC have already apologised for this fake news on James Dyson. His total lifetime political donations amount to around 800 quid. He offered to manufacture ventilators at the start of the pandemic and exchanged messages with the govt to clarify that if he sent over engineers from Singapore, the engineers wouldn't have to pay additional taxes on top of their own domestic taxes.

The BBC made un unreserved grovelling apology for the lies they printed.

Sponsored Links
Oh look, a f*****g squirrel.

Sir James Dyson apology - Various outlets, Wednesday 21 April 2021

We accept that Sir James Dyson is not a prominent Conservative supporter as was stated in some of our coverage of his text messages with the Prime Minister. The James Dyson Foundation made a charitable gift to support the Wiltshire Engineering Festival for school children. We accept that this does not signal affiliation to any political party and we would like to put the record straight. Sir James also raised concerns about the accuracy of other aspects of our reporting. We wish to make clear that Sir James contacted Number 10 in response to the Prime Minister’s direct request to him for assistance in relation to the urgent need for ventilators and incurred costs of £20m which his company voluntarily absorbed in trying to assist in the national emergency. His text messages to the Prime Minister were also later sent to officials. We are sorry that these facts were not always reflected in our coverage, and we apologise for not doing so.

In response, Sir James Dyson said

“The BBC now acknowledges that it was wrong and has issued an apology – which I accept. To justify its claim that I am a “prominent Conservative supporter” the BBC shamefully twisted our charitable gift to school children to suit their political narrative. The Prime Minister asked Dyson to help at a time of crisis, in the national interest, and we did just that. We dropped everything and focused on the national effort. Far from any gain, the project cost us £20m - a sum we voluntarily bore. I am proud of the efforts of every Dyson person who contributed and we would do precisely the same again. It was deeply disappointing, for me and for the hundreds of Dyson people who gave it their all, to have our efforts developing an emergency ventilator mischaracterised and used for political mudslinging.”

my thoughts are
deep deep emergency, there though should be others at all personal cost and never ever profit from a charitable act as your a human being who cares
as soon as you see profit in possible death you are showing your colours as self serving not a team player and possibly with out compassion to those in the real world
i really really like people doing well but not by sh1tting on others as you go

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
One of my clients at the time, provided all the logistic and warehousing software for cost. But they were a multi-billion $ Silicon Valley giant no doubt with huge government contracts. Much of the work I did was for free, but again you could argue I was greasing future relationships.

Comparing our death rate is nonsense. Its well documented that the UK was dealing with a much deadlier variant than most of Europe, we are unfortunately a nation of fatties and diabetics, we have a large population of BAIMs who were particularly vulnerable and we live in a small crowded country.

There will be fraudsters and scammers who profiteered from the pandemic. If they failed to deliver against their contract, then expect trouble.

There will be fraudsters and scammers who profiteered from the pandemic. If they failed to deliver against their contract, then expect trouble.
Except the ones with links to/influence over the tory party ;)

Which probably covers almost all of them!

Do you think you can close a multi million pound contract on the merits of your product without getting to the DMU?

The bigger the deal the higher up the tree you need to climb

Do you think you can close a multi million pound contract on the merits of your product without getting to the DMU?

The bigger the deal the higher up the tree you need to climb
The Decision Making Unit being a Tory MP close to Boris? :rolleyes:

I know of plenty of leftie builders and their chums who took loans for companies that were wound up. Seemed to be a popular thing to do at the time. Estimated to be about 5bn

I know of plenty of leftie builders and their chums who took loans for companies that were wound up. Seemed to be a popular thing to do at the time.
Were they elected to represent their electorate in the Houses of Parliament?

Sponsored Links
Back