Pre paid gas not working after running out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi recently my pre paid gas ran out. I checked and I had 15 credits. I know my mums boiler had the same issue where it shuts off if there are only 15 credits left. She tells me an engineer comes and does something that takes 2 seconds and its working but he never told her why. Its a Vaillant boiler I tried topping up another £10 and put the card in to release gas and gas meter shows "o" which I think means on. No gas appliances in house to check gas supply. Anyone any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Post a pic of your meter and the display also your boilers display

There you go. Hope they are clear

Attachments

• 20220104_171757.jpg
    20220104_171757.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 20220104_171410.jpg
    20220104_171410.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 116
Sponsored Links
Yes the A button doesnt seem to do anything. If I press B it tells me to hold it then says release for gas. Tried this several times and doesnt seem to help.

Does it state anything after releasing for gas? Eg opening valve?

It just beeps when I release it.

According to the manual the o in the bottom left shows that the gas valve is open so I dont think its the meter.

Top up the water pressure on your boiler using the filling loop ,till the needle is in the middle of the grey area on the gauge.

think OP is confused. he only needs to press reset on the boiler ( top left button). He thinks the problem is still with the gas meter!

Ive tried many times to reset the boiler but getting the F28 error. Can anyone advise how to top up boiler pressure? Thanks

I’m not sure why topping the pressure up on the boiler is required? I’ve not had to do this with an F28 error code before (n)

Is the condensate trap blocked, pipe blocked or frozen?

Can you post a phot of gas meter from a bit further back? It looks like an upso/opso setup, which may be the issue.

Ive tried many times to reset the boiler but getting the F28 error. Can anyone advise how to top up boiler pressure? Thanks
What do you do to reset the boiler ,and exactly what happens after reset ?
Find your filling loop to top up boiler pressure

Ok so I topped up the gas pessure is this high enough? Still no joy.

Fwiw sometimes I get the F28 and sometimes F29.

Is it normal for the green light to be blinking when resetting?

Attachments

• 20220104_202725.jpg
    20220104_202725.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 64

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back