Predicting the Lottery

Sponsored Links
What was it we were suppose to see it that dex? My eyes is shot I think!

The left hand ball moves up slightly. (Later on in the full show it's very noticeable that it's higher than all the rest). This indicates a switch, but I'm not quite sure how.

EDIT: OK, the suggestion is that the left side (from the viewer's perspective), where the balls are, is for some of the time digitally overlain with an image or prerecording - while the right side is still live. That gives an assistant time to place the balls in the real rack. Then, the overlay is removed and Brown reveals the 'prediction'.

BUT, the assistant screwed up. When he placed the numbered balls in, he didn't get the end one in properly, thus betraying the trick.

Sponsored Links
I feel sorry for the 24 numbskulls who got drawn into the deception.

Their work colleagues will never ever tire of telling them that the word "gullible" isn't in the OED.

The magic of a half wipe on a vision mixer desk, just make sure the camera is well locked off :D told you before tv is all about illusion, dont believe a thing you see on it :LOL:

The magic of a half wipe on a vision mixer desk, just make sure the camera is well locked off :D told you before tv is all about illusion, dont believe a thing you see on it :LOL:
On a serious note, is digital photography admissible as evidence, seeing as how easy it is to manipulate images using electronic means?

I have to admit I'd be a bit disappointed if it is how he did it. Digital trickery like this just seems like cheating, and doesn't strike me as Derren Brown's style. Illusions ought to work 'in the flesh', using physical methods - and most magicians' do. There's skill to that, whereas there really isn't to doing what dozens of tv shows do every day.

But it does seem overwhelmingly likely. Especially as it explains the lack of a studio audience, and indeed how few people there were - everyone there has to keep the secret, so the fewer the better.

DB is an illusionist, by using cameras and technology he created the illusion that he knew the numbers. Is it that much different from the sword in the box trick in which we are led to believe that a sword is run through a person. We know in our hearts that it is not possible but our eyes tell our brain that we have really seen it happen.

It is no different to special FX in movies.

cantab";p="1332146 said:
The left hand ball moves up slightly. ....That`s perfectly normal... www. feelyourscrote.com

it takes 15 frames to do a transition like losing the half wipe with the mixing desk so any slight imperfection or movement could be picked up with the right kit.

Sponsored Links
Back