Prescriptions

It depends on the tablets. Some cancer drugs cost over a thousand quid a week. We can't afford that sort of money on one that old.

Sponsored Links
Susie, what if your mother in law got better as a result of the treatment?

To answer both questions.....with regard to M/L her health had deteriorated over a number of years....there was no hope of getting better .... sometimes it is kinder just to say 'enough is enough'.

Joe-90 I understand your point...in F/L case I imagine they are relatively low cost drugs. But where do you draw the line....surely it has to be based on quality of life. Maybe the drug companies should be questioned closer on why certain drugs are so hugely expensive....we know there has to be research , testing etc., but are there some 'fat cats' somewhere creaming of the profits ....I don't know.
The thing is, if it was your Mum or Dad would you want to say to them....your life isn't worth the cost.....or if it was you at 80+ living a lovely life surrounded by your family....would you want that decision made. Having lost my own parents, to me their lives were absolutely priceless, but of course as ever, I am only stating my own personal opinion and I don't underestimate that it is a huge problem.

It depends on the tablets. Some cancer drugs cost over a thousand quid a week. We can't afford that sort of money on one that old.
Yer, better to spend the money on low life, chavvy scroats eh?

We really should bow to you in deference. We mere mortals are not worthy.

Sponsored Links
Errr you dont understand irony then?

I cannot wait until your ill, and complaining your not being given the drug regieme you require...................:D

If I'm a wrinkly - then no - don't spend a grand a week on me. Spend it on the young.

I don't know anyone that doesn't own their own house by about 50. I don't mix with renters (and God forbid) Council Tenants. :eek:
Joe , you have a Master`s degree ( possibly from the Uni. of life) in Wind- Up`s :LOL: :LOL: I doff my mortar board to you :mrgreen: 6 pages and counting.

Medical science has not done the human race any favours by its desire to prolong life 'at all costs'.
Quality of life should always be taken into account at any age.
***There is a time to live and a time to die***....the medical profession should accept that.
But they aren`t allowed to - they take a Greek oath (Hippocratical) and are obliged to treat all races and religions - so why should they be bound to a statement from the Old Testament . Maybe if you are Jewish ...... :mrgreen: Ecclesiastes Chapter 3

Medical science has not done the human race any favours by its desire to prolong life 'at all costs'.
Quality of life should always be taken into account at any age.
***There is a time to live and a time to die***....the medical profession should accept that.
But they aren`t allowed to - they take a Greek oath (Hippocratical) and are obliged to treat all races and religions - so why should they be bound to a statement from the Old Testament . Maybe if you are Jewish ...... :mrgreen: Ecclesiastes Chapter 3

I didn't actually mean it as a religious quotation....it was just a statement of a fact as I see it. I certainly don't think religion should have anything to do with it .....it causes enough trouble for the living yet alone the dying.

joe blindly 90 wants to make it more complicated.
Taking the right of life away from the person and their family.

But wants his life to be long.

****@er springs to mind.

Sponsored Links
Back