Pressure loss problem with Ferroli F30 combi-boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help please?
I have gone through most of the posts regarding pressure loss, but I am still struggling to solve the problem. I shall try and be as comprehensive as I can in explaining what the problem is and what I have done so far:

Model: (2002 Ferroli F30)
Problem:
I am having to top up the CH system pretty much every morning as the pressure drops to 0.5 Bar, causing the boiler to trip out and not supply CH and/or hot water.
I have thoroughly checked for leaks and there are definately none apparent anywhere in the system.
There is no water coming out of the air valve in the expansion vessel, but I did have to top up the charge as it was low (did this with a foot pump and charged the expansion vessel to 1.0 Bar). This has increased the amount of time between having to top up the system, but not solved the problem.
I have bled the system to ensure that there are no air locks.
When the boiler is running for CH, the pressure continues to rise until it reaches 3.0 Bar and the pressure relief valve operates. When the boiler cools during the night (when CH is off) this is obviously causing the pressure loss due to the contraction of the water/expansion vessel - resulting in the boiler tripping out.
Here's the weird bit; everytime the boiler trips out, there is only what I can describe as the sound of high pressure air passing through a valve and this happens at around he same time every day (approx 06:30am) although this may just be a coincidence with the temperature drop.

Am I looking at replacing the expansion vessel or could there be other (more expensive) problems and should I cut my losses and have a new boiler.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Simon

Sponsored Links
check the prv pipe outside :idea:

if you have precharged the expansion vessel to 1 bar with the system drained

then it sounds as if its to small for the system :idea:

If mem serves me right the F30 has oblong exp vess on RHSide. It has the valve on the bottom (crap idea) they collect water & rust. Lock of flow & rentern valves & drain boiler via PRV. Go to halfords spend 50p on a new shrader valve. ( get a removing tool £1.50) Replace the rusty one in the Exp vess recharge (system must b empyy) and hey presto.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back