Pressure through flexible pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm plumbing in the pipework for our bathroom, all 15mm copper for a standard bathroom (toilet, basin, bath & shower, all fed from mains / combi boiler). For the last part, connecting the bathroom pipework up to the hot & cold feed, I was thinking of using this: http://www.diy.com/departments/jg-s...dia15mm-dia15mm-l300mm-pack-of-2/34386_BQ.prd as the hot and cold come up from downstairs to just under the floorboards in the bathroom (we've just had a new boiler and heating fitted, and the hot and cold water supply is run from the boiler to the bathroom and capped off, ready to be connected up to the bathroom pipework). The pipes are in a really awkward place though, sandwiched between the central heating flow / return, and everything's pretty close together, so it's going to be hard to get a spanner in for a compression joint, and there's a load of insulation / wires from the kitchen ceiling around, so solder is out. I basically just need to bring the supply up above the floor and through a 90 degree bend, so these would be ideal. My only question is - is it an issue that the bore on these is 10mm? Will it have an effect on the pressure? I'm mainly concerned about the shower - I like a nice powerful shower :) Like I said, everything before and after these will be 15mm copper, and for the supply to the shower & bath I've fitted full bore isolation valves, but will it be all a waste if I put the supply through those flexible pipes? Is the pressure effected by the narrowest pipe on the run, or with it being only for a short run, will it not have an effect?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you are struggling fitting a compressing nut or soldering a joint, have you considered push fit joints to get you out of a tricky/tight situation.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back