Pressure washer not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to use a pressure washer, I used it on Friday with no problems.
Today I tried using it right at the top of the garden. It switched on at first and then when I came to use it the power went. I checked and changed the fuse (which later turned out to have nothing wrong with it) and it worked again for a while. I notice the plug was in an area that was getting splashed so I moved it. Ever since then I cannot get the power going. I,ve checked and changed the fuses at both ends of the extension lead and even brought the washer back down to the bottom of the garden in case it was the water pressure not really high enough. It is now back where I was using it on Friday and still nothing.
Any ideas? I borrowed it from my son so I don't have any trouble shooting instructions.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
do you have the make and model of it.
If the terminals of the cables got wet there is good chance they will short out, this will trip/blow a fuse either at the consumer unit/fuse box or at the plug top of the washer or extension lead.
I would never use electrical equipment outside, especially where water is being used, unless you have RCD protection at Consumer unit/fuse box, plug top adaptor or extension with RCD protection.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back